Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sand coloured Dennison smock

Article about: Thank you for the above info. No I did not ask the fellow what regiment he belonged to, it"s not the sort of question to ask of someone you have just met. As I have said, he mentioned D

Default Re: Sand coloured Dennison smock

Thank you for the above info. No I did not ask the fellow what regiment he belonged to, it"s not the sort of question to ask of someone you have just met. As I have said, he mentioned Dhofar, and you mention Rhodesia, I wonder if these smocks made their way south, with or without their wearers. Must be a good story here somewhere. I would love to have a copy of any pictures showing the smock being worn. John.

skot44panzer
    ?

hi John, valid point about asking such questions (which reg)
    here are the only colour photos i have of the smock in colour being worn in rhodesia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sand coloured Dennison smock   Sand coloured Dennison smock  

Quote by skot44panzer View Post
    hi John, valid point about asking such questions (which reg)
    here are the only colour photos i have of the smock in colour being worn in rhodesia.
    Thank you very much for taking the trouble to provide pictures of the smock being worn by Rhodesian SAS. After having this smock for years I have finally found some definite provanance as to its use. Thanks, John.

question was it an error on your behalf when you said 59 pattern webbing as i only thought it went up to 58 can you enlighten me please cheers

ILH
    ?

Quote by dave1134 View Post
    question was it an error on your behalf when you said 59 pattern webbing as i only thought it went up to 58 can you enlighten me please cheers
    44 was the last pattern used by the UK and ex-clonial armies, after that we all went our own ways. UK in 58, Rhodesia in 59, Canada, South Africa, and Australia, around the same time.

ILH
    ?

Hi John,

Here's a link to a different forum with a thread on SAS smocks with active service photos (only the first post, gets a bit heated after that!):

SAS Smocks - Military Photos

Also there's a photo of two blokes wearing them in Aden in Pete Scholey's Book 'The Joker' (6/8 page in middle photo section).

jim.

Quote by ILH View Post
    Hi John,

Here's a link to a different forum with a good thread on SAS smocks with active service photos:

SAS Smocks - Military Photos

Also there's a photo of two blokes wearing them in Aden in Pete Scholey's Book 'The Joker' (6/8 page in middle photo section).

jim.
    brilliant info, thanks. I will join site and post pics, John.

?

Quote by ILH View Post
    44 was the last pattern used by the UK and ex-clonial armies, after that we all went our own ways. UK in 58, Rhodesia in 59, Canada, South Africa, and Australia, around the same time.
    Hi Dave1134 I meant 59 look at this link and you will see
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denison_smock

ILH
    ?

Sorry Expara, had the wrong end of the stick , thanks for the correction

?

Hi again Dave 1134 this photo was taken in 1978 in Germany, i am the one on the right with the 59 patt denison and my friend on the left has the brown half zip denison [IMG][/IMG]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast