Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SAS Badge

Article about: Hi, I am new to this site but not to collecting, after retirement I lost interest and sold off most of my WWI,WWII, Korean , Indo China and Vietnam items, but still have a few items left. Th

steyrman
    ?

Default SAS Badge

Hi, I am new to this site but not to collecting, after retirement I lost interest and sold off most of my WWI,WWII, Korean , Indo China and Vietnam items, but still have a few items left. This SAS badge has been in my spares box for many years, just interested to find out what era it may be from and any possible value.

SAS Badge

SAS Badge

Default Re: SAS Badge

to quote an oft used expression , " made for the collector's market ". never issued. more knowledgeable contributors will , I assume , provide further information.

The only issued SAS metal badges were on lugs, not sliders as far as I am aware from previous research I undertook on this subject, with the possible exception of one of the foreign regiments, the Australians I think might have used one.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Early SASR beret badges were lugged, but you could purchase one with a slider late 70's early 80's from the Q store... from there, no idea.

Jerry is correct. All UK SAS badges are cloth with a couple of 1950'S exceptions for ER2's coronation.
    SASR in Aus have worn these metal versions as of personal choice rather than their issued versions which are still annodised.