Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SAS beret badge

Article about: Does this beret badge stand a chance of being WWII ? It seemed pretty detailed , but looked small to me . I couldn't find an original on the site so I hope someone can help . Sorry about the

CBH
    ?

Default SAS beret badge

Does this beret badge stand a chance of being WWII ? It seemed pretty detailed , but looked small to me . I couldn't find an original on the site so I hope someone can help . Sorry about the photos I-phone .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAS beret badge   SAS beret badge  

I don't think the UK SAS wore this type of metal badge during WWII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SAS beret badgeHi,
    Anon is right i think the SAS wore the cloth badge in W.W.2 i have the same one as you have there it is 1 1/2" long, I used to collect badges from units we trained with here in the U.K, and Europe.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Anon is right i think the SAS wore the cloth badge in W.W.2 i have the same one as you have there it is 1 1/2" long, I used to collect badges from units we trained with here in the U.K, and Europe.
    Dave.
    There was a metal version used during WWII, but they were theater made and very rarely seen. The badge shown in this post is of the type used during WWII, but I could not say 100% that this is a period original, though it stands a good chance of being one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAS beret badge   SAS beret badge  

SAS beret badge  
    Regards,

Jerry

CBH
    ?

I read somewhere that only cloth badges were used on post war berets ? Thanks for the information and replies .
    Cheers

Hi anon,
    thats a great looking badge you have, first iv seen like that i bet that could tell some tales.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi anon,
    thats a great looking badge you have, first iv seen like that i bet that could tell some tales.
    Dave.
    Sadly not mine Dave, it was posted for opinions elsewhere and does match a very rare period original type and was said to have been dug up. The type is so rare that even the experts on the SAS did not seem capable of reaching a firm conclusion on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Hi Chris, it look's like one I have in my collection which is a Belgium 1st Parachute Battalion. I will dig mine out and post a picture.

Here's a link for information on the history of this unit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Parachute_Battalion_(Belgium)

riggermodified
    ?

Hi Jerry B!
    Do you own this badge?
    If so, where did you acquire it?
    Thanks!

CBH
    ?

Hey Opex , I didn't see your reply till today , I have one of those Belgian ones myself , but it is a newer style without a beret slider . Thanks for the reply .
    Cheers Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast