Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SAS Wings ?

Article about: Hi Guys, I recently picked up an sd tunic with this badge attached to the right hand shoulder.... now from what I have been told to date this is a postwar maybe malayan era badge ? can anyon

Default SAS Wings ?

Hi Guys, I recently picked up an sd tunic with this badge attached to the right hand shoulder.... now from what I have been told to date this is a postwar maybe malayan era badge ? can anyone confirm this for me ?

cheers guys

Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAS Wings ?   SAS Wings ?  

Attached Images Attached Images SAS Wings ? 

Default Re: SAS Wings ?

Hi,
    Any more info on the jacket itself? They usually have the Officers name on the inside pocket, thanks.

Hiya, Hey I have had a good look over the jacket and cant find a name anywhere..... I will take more pictures of the jacket itself and post them later on today if that will help ?

OK I have finally had a chance to take a couple of pics of the complete jacket sorry for the poor quality.... as you can see I am no photographer and I will be sticking to my day job :P
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAS Wings ?   SAS Wings ?  

And another couple for good measure

Now.... the jacket looks like a good ww2 jobbie to me....ie exactly the same as a couple of dated ones I have in my collection ... unfortunately there are no marks, dates, names anywhere on this one also the fact that someone has removed the collar badges is a shame making it a little more difficult to trace back.

hi there the wings are orrigional sas wings but they are from around the 80's onwards i think someone has just added the wings to the tunic they are not the malayan version from the 50's and 60's which had the wing feathers spred out more and a slight downturn

the photo is of a set of malayan wings on a tunic they are sometimes called the malayan moth due to the shape of the wings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAS Wings ?  

Hi Tim, I am actually unsure about these wings being original WW2? Having said that, SAS is not something I collect. But I did have a repro pair for a living history event we did years ago, but I think I sold these now? But the maker of these had a whole range of variants of these wings made in India. I am thinking these are one of those copies. Have you blacklighted them?

The tunic etc is fine. What Regt/ Corps are the buttons as they are not General Service pattern?

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Tim, I have discovered the repro wing of mine, I had not sold it.

It IS different to the one you display. I show it here for reference.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by lee edwards View Post
    hi there the wings are orrigional sas wings but they are from around the 80's onwards i think someone has just added the wings to the tunic they are not the malayan version from the 50's and 60's which had the wing feathers spred out more and a slight downturn

the photo is of a set of malayan wings on a tunic they are sometimes called the malayan moth due to the shape of the wings

OK cool so not malayan era.... I have had a look around online and havent been able to find a nice clear pic of the 1980s wings in use... do you have a link or anything like that so I could have a look ? I see the ones currently in use are different again so im still a little lost here :P
    cheers
    cheers
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast