Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SAS wings

Article about: by Tango Thanks Alan, I like your signture...too. Cheers Terry. Top man Terry ! That's a good career mate , are you back in civvy street now ?

CBH
    ?

Default SAS wings

Just look for opinions on these Jump Wings . The are thick and well padded .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAS wings   SAS wings  

?

Default Re: SAS wings

Chris they look like post war ones...In fact they look like the ones I have been issued...for doing my bit for Queen & country..sorry about the photo but you get the idea?? Cheers Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAS wings  
    Last edited by Tango; 03-09-2013 at 12:56 PM.

CBH
    ?

Thanks Terry , I knew they were post war , but wanted to know if they were issue . Now just to find a real SAS flash , mine was fake as you know . Nice beer mug by the way ! I have a Seal Team 2 mug that I found in a second hand store , often drink my morning expresso from it . Still not SAS though . Thanks again !
    Cheers Chris

?

Chris nobody really wears these badges...not when serving..You would only wear these if you had moved onto another unit for what ever reason??.. & as for SAS flashes I've never seen them not this day & age...You can get wings for mess dress..if you at another unit again for what ever reason!!!..The wings are issued really for what ever selection process you go through to get to the basic para course..if that makes sense??....everybody does nearly the same basic para course!!!!. & the stein/beer glass was a present..nice thought I thinks!!..I do drink out of it now & then, when I'm allowed beer!!!..lol..Oh I forgot to say you would wear these on number 2 dress,& wire 1s for blues.. Cheers Terry.

CBH
    ?

I collected Jump Wings years ago , and some SF insignia . Kinda got away from it , but this site has me reviewing what I still have . Nice to know if it is good or not . Had some nice camo over the years , a Falklands War arctic smock and webbing also some Argi stuff came from a Para , should have held on to it ! And I know you guys didn't wear insignia much and had a pretty free hand in what gear you did wear . I've read a fair bit on your unit over the years . And might I add it is a pleasure to be in contact with a ex-member of such elite unit ! You still have any of your kit ? I'd love see it . Thanks for all your help and information .
    Cheers Chris

?

Thanks Chris..its just a job like ever other..I will root around & see what I have??.. I know it isn't a lot just bits & bobs..Things like berets,Stable belts,the odd helmet,photos & medals..the normal stuff.....If you would like to know a little more just drop me a PM??..Always a pleasure.. Cheers Terry.

?

Hiya Terry , You've got a nice display there mate , i see an MC there , is it yours ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

No way Alan..I'm sorry to say I ain't that brave!!!! lol...No the top shelf is my little bits & bobs...no bravey awards there..just the run of the mill ones!!!!..Cheers Terry.

?

Hey Terry , i don't think they're run of the mill at all mate , respect !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Thanks Alan, It's like I say just a job..when I was 16 years old & joined the Army I didn't know I would have knackered knees & a head full of stories at 42 lol.. I like your signture...too. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast