Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SOE/OSS and other SF weapons and equipment

Article about: Have only just joined the site and after seeing your post Grimebox i thought i'd take a few snaps of what i have purchased since arriving in Australia(unfortunately rest of my collection is

?

Default SOE/OSS and other SF weapons and equipment

Have only just joined the site and after seeing your post Grimebox i thought i'd take a few snaps of what i have purchased since arriving in Australia(unfortunately rest of my collection is back in New Zealand..sigh)first pic is an original 3rd pattern with repro sheath,repro 1st pattern made by my friend in Australia and a thrust dagger which ive had mixed results about tracking down exactly what they were produced for and by whow as some people have said it's a SOE designed and produced weapon and others it's a trench knife fill in designed to be rapidly made to bring shortages up...dont know so any help on clarifying that would be great!
    Second picture is a mix of espionage demoltion bits and pieces,demo pliers,cordex junction box,dummy fog signal,box of inert detonators but not no 6's..believe them to be german and a few friction igniters and a premade delay made by me.
    Thrid picture is a M1 pull release igniter and the fourth and fifth are a cufflink compass that used to have white paint across the lens..remants can be seen...am a bit unsure if this was SOE or OSS so any help clearing that up would be great.
    Glad to find such a well organised site visited by friendly and knowledgable people...will keep my posts up as things come in...thanksSOE/OSS and other SF weapons and equipmentSOE/OSS and other SF weapons and equipmentSOE/OSS and other SF weapons and equipmentSOE/OSS and other SF weapons and equipmentSOE/OSS and other SF weapons and equipment

Default Re: SOE/OSS and other SF weapons and equipment

Excellent collection! The thrust dagger is a very nice piece, I have heard that front line soldiers used these as a type of trench knife, although my personal view is that they were probably dropped to the resistance (although, as I always, I am willing to stand corrected!). I'm very lucky that I got my 3rd pattern FS knife from the son of the original owner, a para who dropped (and managed to escape from) Arnhem.
    With regards to the cufflink compass this was one of concealed compasses developed by MI9 during the war. These compasses were designed to resemble the cufflinks/ collar studs that were generally available from Woolworths and other retailers. Originally the compass face would have been concealed by the white paint which would have been scratched off when required. As far as I am aware these were issued to SOE and the RAF. They are quite rare and very expensive (I've not managed to get hold of one yet!)

?

I bought this compass off ebay around 6 months ago for $27 landed in australia

?

As for the thrust dagger it would be good to find out something concrete in relation to manufacturer and who was issued them,you see them come up on ebay sometimes..saw one just recently...good condition and was at around $70 USD
    If i see another cufflink compass for sale ill let you know!..or if i decide to sell mine...cheers for the help