Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stolen: British Glider Pilot's Helmet

Article about: Maybe investing in small GPS tracking devices might help recover such valuable items if such devices can be hidden in linings etc.? The GL200 from Cobham is only 66x36x20mm but although sold

Default Stolen: British Glider Pilot's Helmet

Hi Guys, should any of you be offered or hear of for sale a British Glider Pilots Helmet please drop me a line. A friend of mine had one stolen at Ciney last month. A reward is on offer for info leading to it's safe return.

It can be seen here:

http://www.chairbornemilitaria.co.uk...h=10986&phqu=4

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Lowlife scumbags!.....i hope your mate gets it back Ade!.....

I hope he gets it back soon!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Horrible experience.

I will keep my eyes open.

Dirty rats!!!!!!!!

It seems that a lot of items and money was stolen at this years Ciney show. A real shame about this and I had already heard about this on his site and on another forum and hopefully with such wide publicity it will be found and returned and those responsible will get what is due to them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Sadly theft is now rife at some shows.

This would have been a big ticket item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

For a British item, this would have been big bucks. Sadly all too common at Ciney, the same stories come out of there very year or so it seems and I even heard of one incident in the States, though I think in that one he was caught before getting away.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    It seems that a lot of items and money was stolen at this years Ciney show. A real shame about this and I had already heard about this on his site and on another forum and hopefully with such wide publicity it will be found and returned and those responsible will get what is due to them.
    I guess that's one positive thing about the internet and worldwide collecting community, we are all in touch rather easily and always checking places for items. The chances of recovery, as long as it didnt land in a private collection with a "behind the scenes" sale, are much better than they used to be. I'll keep my eyes open. Damn shame we even have to do these kinds of announcements.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sadly theft is now rife at some shows.

This would have been a big ticket item.

Cheers, Ade.
    He knew what he was taking!!
    It seems the bastards are doing their homework as for the quality and rarity of the item.
    How is security quality at the show?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast