Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Tabby Type K

Article about: Hi all. Just thought I would share this. This is a Tabby type K night vision monocular. From the research I have done, I think they were mainly issued to COPPs (Combined Operations Pilotage

Default Tabby Type K

Hi all. Just thought I would share this. This is a Tabby type K night vision monocular. From the research I have done, I think they were mainly issued to COPPs (Combined Operations Pilotage Parties) whose job it was to go in ahead of sea- borne invasions to recce the beach. The idea being that the pick up vessel would have a compatible infa- red signal lamp (or vice- versa) that could only be seen through this monocular and thus would not attract unwanted attention.

Other Tabby sets were also intended to be used by the RAF and in vehicles for night driving.

Not the best condition but it was picked up at auction for a good price so i'm happy with this small bit of Special Forces history.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tabby Type K   Tabby Type K  

Tabby Type K   Tabby Type K  

That's a great pick up, does it still work?...

Alas, it does not. And unfortunately I don't have the technical know- how to pull it apart and try

Still worth having though!...

?

That`s neat,I`d like to have one of those....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Unique item.

A link I have via my files:

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/pdf/Tabby01.pdf

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great minds think alike Ade, that's the file I was basing most of my research on Do you know if any other units used these?

I am not sure, but I expect most went to special forces of some sort?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!