Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

This training balloon looks just like ....

Article about: ....an elephant! What did you think I was going to say ? Nick

Default This training balloon looks just like ....

....an elephant!

What did you think I was going to say ?

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This training balloon looks just like ....  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

when I was a smallboy the used to parachute from these on Woolwich common by the RA academy,I thought they were alive.he ho.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    when I was a smallboy the used to parachute from these on Woolwich common by the RA academy,I thought they were alive.he ho.
    I bet they were quite scary for young 'uns back in the day Harry

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Bloody things, you want to try going up in one, scares the living bejesus out of you

Have you jumped from one Dave? They say they are scarier than jumping from an aeroplane

Nick

?

I went up once and jumped as part of a cadet cadre with 10 para, frightened the crap out of me, and yes i would sooner jump from a Herc, its not so much the height, although i hate heights, its the silence and the going up slowly that gets you, getting higher and higher in degrees, then looking over the edge, standing there, either trying to whistle or tell a joke, you have too much time to think about what your doing, even now if i go up high in a building or look over the edge of a cliff etc, i get that feeling in the pit of my stomach, ask any para about the "balloon feeling", i used to do para-ascending as a sport and thats nowhere near as scary, even though your on your own your doing things to guide the chute up, so your busy

Hmmm, what was the designer of this thing trying to compensate for?

I was an APJI in 10 Para, no one got jump from a balloon without doing P company or basic Para. What's a cadet Cadre Davejb? want to tell me more about your balloon jump "Walt" I mean Dave.