Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...

Article about: I recently came across this 9th Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping that appears to be from the same individual. What do you guys think about the set; does everything look original to yo

?

Default Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...

I recently came across this 9th Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping that appears to be from the same individual. What do you guys think about the set; does everything look original to you, not put together? Note the numbers written on the tunic liner and on the inside of the boots. The same number can be found on the inside rim of the pants as well.

Also, what type of cap is this? Is it a custom tailored crusher? I'm not well versed on the US uniforms so I need as much help as I can get.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...

Default Re: Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...

Hi Darren, all looks good. The patches are nice British made ones. The cap is private purchase.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade! Is this a rare set (grouping) in your opinion? Would you pay $300 if you were me

?

Hey Ade, in addition to my previous question, is the cap considered a "crusher" or is it just a regular cap?

?

$300? At that I would hope that the wings would be pinback,no damage to the insignia, screwback collar devices,Unit D.I.'s,4 pocket coat not Ike jacket,good size clothing,better condition hat/boots. But that's me. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Hi Darren, $300 might be a little steep?

The cap is a cusher, having had the cap spring removed to give it the "look".

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I think I'll hold out for a better price then. There is nothing worse than overpaying... unless its something you truly MUST have in your collection, and are willing to pay a premium for. In this case, I agree that the condition of the parts and pieces are not that great.

Thanks again!
    Dzyner

?

Is there any way in the States of pinning down the service number to a name ??

The 315th and 316th TCG were based near to where I live in England at the time of D-Day and Market-Garden.

Gary J.

?

The cap you show is a standard officers bill cap minus the shape spring and missing the leather sweat band. It has what is called a 50 missions back strap to the matching chinstrap. The bill on a real crusher is a single layer soft pliable leather with a thin leather strip sewn around the edge or folded over and sewn as opposed to the stiff 2 pieces of stiff leather sewn together. There is no cap band stiffener.
    The model you see here is a Society Brand - Airflow model made fron a twlii gaberdine chocolate brown material. All of the CB material crushers caps are made from a twill material or at least the ones I have handeled are The tan ones are a lite weight kaki material . I have never seen a tan one made of twill. The uniform you have shown here would be at top dollar for an enlisted piece..
    Hope the pictures and information helps.
    SteveR
    Please note photos.Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...   Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...  

Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...   Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...  

Unique Airborne Troop Carrier uniform grouping...  

?

By the way those English made patches are highly sought after by patch collectors.
    SteveR