Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown Para wings

Article about: The crown resembles a paulownia leaf used in Japanese decorations?

?

Default Unknown Para wings

Good morning Gents I have spent the better part of three hours this morning looking at different variations of Airborne and Para wings .
    I have been trying to match this set of wings to its country of service but I am having no luck.
    They look to be a variation of a set of British Para wings but the three Jewel crown has me a little
    Any one have any thoughts !!

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Para wings  

?

Default Re: Unknown Para wings

Got to be something,Oman?...Brunei?...surely?? I would be interested to find out whos there are!!!!! Cheers Terry.

?

Morning Terry for the life of me I can not match them to there country of issue I have been looking all morning trying to find a match with no luck .
    I found a decent thread 87 pages on a different forum dedicated to Airborne and Para badges of the world,google search,google image search, wikipedia, with no luck so far my eyes are getting sore I will rest them for a while and then look again.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Para wings  

Pretty sure I found the same thread as him^^ I'm up to page 40, several google pages, and 20 ebay pages. Here is the thread:

World Airborne Wings - Page 40

If you want to keep looking. I can tell you they are not on the first 40 pages. There are a lot of similar Wing shapes, but none with crowns even closely resembling yours.

?

They are not just made up ones??????????????... They do look very British mind...but not with crown ...not unless the Queen has downgraded her crown to a Mac Donalds party hat lol.. Cheers Terry.

?

Thanks for the effort Cadillac I found this thread early this morning and went through every post .
    I do find them an unusual set of wings and there are no provisions on the back for a slider and or lugs to be attached to any kind of head dress just the two points that have been set in the end of the wings IMO it is supposed to be sewn on to be attached either as breast wings or a cap

Regards Mark K

?

Anyone have any thoughts on this para badge ?

Regards Mark K

Sorry Mark, this is a new one on me too....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

No worries Adrian thanks for the imput the search continues just thought I would give it a bump to see if fresh eyes on the piece could shed some light.

Regards Mark K

?

The nearest i have come to them was a set of English wings that were used by the French but removed the crown and left them without, i'm thinking that someone has added the flower emblem to yours, whats the reverse look like

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast