Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown Para wings

Article about: The crown resembles a paulownia leaf used in Japanese decorations?

?

Default Re: Unknown Para wings

The crown resembles a paulownia leaf used in Japanese decorations?
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown Para wings 
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

It is a strange shaped crown indeed Pete I am at a loss on this one .
    Dave I have requested a few more details and an image of the back from my friend up Island with any luck he will Email them to me today .He has had them in his collection for some time and he as well can not find any information related to these wings.
    I would like to make him an offer on them for my own collection as they are so unusual but would like to tie up the loose ends ie... Country of issue and era .

Regards Mark k

?

At first i thought it might be some obscure African area that had British ties to Military training, dont forget that Idi Amin used to wear para wings and i think they had been adapted, then i thought they could be Dutch as the "Crown" resembled a tulip

?

A couple of more images as well as some additional information from my friend he states that the crown is part of the piece, never added and right as rain.
    It came in a pile of pre-1945 stick pins and badges......mainly Danish, some Swiss and three stick pin KM Eagles.
    I do have one other thing to add about this piece it would appear to be of solid construction I wonder if it was manufactured to be attached to an award, trophie, plaque and or picture all though this does not answer the question of origin it does give one something else to think about.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Para wings   Unknown Para wings  

With the holes at the ends, It looks like it might be some type of
    unofficial sweetheart piece - made to be worn as a bracelet.

I was also thinking Thailand, Cambodia or Indonesia, but your
    award/plaque/trophy idea sounds good too.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That is an interesting thought Steve and is a possibility as well I do love a good Mystery and a challenge and so far this little badge has been all of that.

Regards Mark K

?

Good morning gents I have a positive Identification on this set of para wings .
    Many thanks to the gentlemen (mbolo 2002 and Peter CES Andersen) at MILITARYPHOTOS.NET were I posted it for opinions in a thread dedicated Airborne Wings Of The World .
    they are Definitively, a Danish wing, made after the WWII for civilians supporting "Britain and justice", as far as know a politic organisation.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Para wings  

?

I was;nt far off then, same continent

?

Thanks Dave I don't know what I would have done with out your help

But seriously thanks to every one that contributed to this thread your help as always is very appreciated now to see if I can strong arm my friend into parting with them.

Regards Mark K

Came in late on this one, strange wings and good job finding what they are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast