Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Airborne Patch?

Article about: Hello all, I am helping a friend research a collection of WW2 artifacts and guns and we came across this nice US Airborne patch grouped with a St. George of England Medal, an Expeditionary F

BEF1219
    ?

Default US Airborne Patch?

Hello all,
    I am helping a friend research a collection of WW2 artifacts and guns and we came across this nice US Airborne patch grouped with a St. George of England Medal, an Expeditionary Forces Service Medal, and two badges for England's East Lancashire Regiment and South Lancashire Regiment (Prince of Wales Volunteers). I thought all of it was WW2-era, but when I looked up the Expeditionary Forces Service Medal, I saw that it was not created until 1961. I am wondering if anyone can tell me more about this patch and its value. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Airborne Patch?   US Airborne Patch?  

?

2 merrowed edge patches, 1 airborne rocker and 1 Infantry School, late 60s that definitely are not WW II. with a bunch of irrelevant insignia pinned to them.

As per Steve

Subdued Airborne qualified tab , Infantry School Ft Benning Georgia.

The black bar is Lt and the tab , Patch are mounted on an officers green leader loop that goes over the shoulder.

Subdued merrowed edge patches started coming out late 60's , so this patch could be any time from late 60's -mid 80's.

The crossed rifles stand for 4th Infantry Regt.

Phill

The DI under the 4th Infantry is from
    the 5th Special Forces(VietNam)