Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Jump Wings Help

Article about: DON'T CLEAN THEM! It will kill the value. Cheers, Ade.

Default US Jump Wings Help

Hey guys,

So I just had a quick question about the pin on these jump wings. Does it look like they are period replaced or the original pin?

US Jump Wings Help

Thanks for any info on these. Also how rare is this makers mark?

Josh

Default re: US Jump Wings Help

the pin and catch are OEM. close inspection will reveal if they have been replaced
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Jump Wings Help  

OEM? How can you tell if they have been replaced?

Anyone?

All looks to be in order to me. The maker, Durocharm, New York, is legitimate. I have no idea if these are rare or not though.

Different metals will age in different ways: hence the silver content in the wings themselves will gain a patina that the white metal pin will not have, making the pin look newer.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: US Jump Wings Help

Thanks! I just couldn't tell since the pin and clasp look like they are almost new. Would it be because they were behind the oval?
    I really excited to be getting these and the early war 502nd pocket patch. They belong to a medic.

I'm pretty sure Durocharm arent the rarest but still pretty hard to come by.

I would say you are correct. Great that you know who originally owned them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That's what makes me so excited. I much rather have vet named stuff if possible.
    There is just more of a connection. I know it's getting harder and harder to do that nowadays.

Just recieved these today along with the window maker pocket patch. They are kind of tarnished and I was wondering if its better to just leave them that way or should I clean them up? I.e. does it affect the value at all?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast