Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Paratrooper's Ring

Article about: Good evening everyone! I saw this and was curious as to its origins. Is it an item that would have been worn post war? In the field? Or something received in training? It obviously has some

Default US Paratrooper's Ring

Good evening everyone!
    I saw this and was curious as to its origins.
    Is it an item that would have been worn post war? In the field? Or something received in training?
    It obviously has some wear to it, but is it the real deal?
    Thanks all,
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Paratrooper's Ring  
    Attached Images Attached Images US Paratrooper's Ring  US Paratrooper's Ring  US Paratrooper's Ring 

Default re: US Paratrooper's Ring

Brian,

It doesn't strike me as being a fake of any kind, and there are many variations of privately purchased rings of this sort. Can you make out what the maker mark is? All I can make out is an "&" or maybe an "8", but there is something on either side...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default re: US Paratrooper's Ring

its the real deal but who knows when it was made?

Default Re: US Paratrooper's Ring

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Brian,

It doesn't strike me as being a fake of any kind, and there are many variations of privately purchased rings of this sort. Can you make out what the maker mark is? All I can make out is an "&" or maybe an "8", but there is something on either side...
    Sorry, all I've got is the photos and I can't make it out either.
    I tried to blow it up without distorting it too badly. I'll post the picture, but it doesn't come across much bigger on the site here.
    To me it looks like an arrow or an isosceles triangle, with possibly a leaf(?) within the triangle????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Paratrooper's Ring  

The general styling looks 1940's to me.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for your responses. It sold for $63 (USD), but I was only willing to go $45. So I won't be getting it! I guess I shouldn't be so cheap...

Quote by Brian T View Post
    Thanks for your responses. It sold for $63 (USD), but I was only willing to go $45. So I won't be getting it! I guess I shouldn't be so cheap...
    Brian,

These are by no means "rare", and I think $45 would have been my limit as well as personally I think $63 is over the top for an unattributed and very worn ring. Another will come along. Hit the pawn shops and antique shops, you will probably find another pretty fast.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]