Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What goes in an american WW2 Musette Bag?

Article about: Hey, I am interested in collecting different branches of service of WW2 and I am working on my airborne equipment and was wondering what I should put in the musette bag? My WWII Kit.* To be

Default What goes in an american WW2 Musette Bag?

Hey,

I am interested in collecting different branches of service of WW2 and I am working on my airborne equipment and was wondering what I should put in the musette bag?

My WWII Kit.* To be updated. - Airsoft Canada

Would they carry all this stuff? I heard they carry some 150-200 pounds of gear.

Thanks,
    Michael

Default Re: What goes in an american WW2 Musette Bag?

Clean underwear/socks
    Spare shirt
    Rations
    Personal items, cleaning kit, wash kit, etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What about the uniform?

I know they used an 1942 jump uniform but did they just wear the wool shirt under it or were the wool pants worn too?

Thanks,
    Michael

Just the wool shirt and vest under the jump jacket.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Also what did the vest look like, and the was a shovel attached to the later war tabs on the front of the bag like this one?

US WWI Musette Bag 11x5x12 Used Original

Thanks,
    Michael

The vest was OD and cut like any normal vest worn today.

The shovel could be worn from the tab.

Cheers, Ade.

Sorry for all the questions I find special forces and paratroopers really interesting

Thanks for all the help,
    Michael

the shovel usually goes on the pistole belt or cartridge belt depending on which one you have this is a good site to see where everything goes if you have a m1 garand and not a carbine you should get a cartridge belt or you can get rigger pouches but they didnt use the rigger pouches for market garden and after that i think they where only used for d day till they got off the front line and they had m43s with rigger modified pockets on the pants a lot of the original airborne guys still wore the 42s for the whole war and never switched from the jump boots to the buckel boots
    US WW2 Airborne Uniforms | MILITARIANA

another good site to see what they had is atthefront.com and they have the best repro m42s and 43s

if you plan on using it in the field i suggest getting as much original stuff as possible it holds up better under use like i have all original web gear trouser suspenders and everything that goes on the pistol/ cartridge belt

I have a lot of origonal gear and uniforms but I will work on getting suspenders and a mussette bag, thanks for the info and web sites!

Michael

Quote by Snake Master View Post
    I have a lot of origonal gear and uniforms but I will work on getting suspenders and a mussette bag, thanks for the info and web sites!

Michael
    no problem if you have any other questions just ask ill be happy to help you the best i can i also could ask the guys in the renacting unit if they know there answer a lot of the guys have been doing the 101st airborne for a long time and have hung out with a lot of vets and we pride our selves on being as accurate as possible

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast