Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 BREN assault vests 1944 1945

Article about: Not sure if this is the correct place for these or whether I should have put them under 'uniforms' but I have 2 BREN vests which I am fairly certain are original. (heavy canvas, buff thread

Default WW2 BREN assault vests 1944 1945

Not sure if this is the correct place for these or whether I should have put them under 'uniforms' but I have 2 BREN vests which I am fairly certain are original. (heavy canvas, buff thread etc).

the 1944 version has the outward facing pouches and the 1945 has inward facing pouches and extra straps for the entrenching tool. But what is a fair price to ask for these? I am selling them on behalf of a disabled friend so want to achive a reasonable amount for him, should I just stick them on ebay and see what happens? From the same source, 3 Lanchester mag pouches, a linked padded Vickers K gun mag pouch set and 2 universal K gun mag pouches.

any thoughts would be appreciated

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 BREN assault vests 1944 1945   WW2 BREN assault vests 1944 1945  

WW2 BREN assault vests 1944 1945   WW2 BREN assault vests 1944 1945  

WW2 BREN assault vests 1944 1945  

These tend to appear every now and then as unissued examples and tend to not fetch big money as they seem to have not been used much during the war. I can't remember what sort of money they fetch, but ebay fetches market value for most things. Mind you saying that I saw a WWI officers badged brodie on ebay relisted by the buyer on his site for over double what he paid for it!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks Jerry, yes they haven't been used, were a bit grubby but a stiff brush soon got rid of that. I can't say I've ever seen photos of anyone wearing one but I supose they must have been worn by someone at somepoint. I expect the 1945 one was made 'just in case'.

Dave