MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 Carrier Pigeon

Article about: I believe a lot of German shepherds were told to get stuffed in WWII . John.

Default WW2 Carrier Pigeon

You know you've lost it when you start buying taxidermy animals to display in your collection!
    Attached to the pigeon is an original American carrier Pigeon leg capsule. All I need now is an suitable name for the bird - any ideas?

Default Re: WW2 Carrier Pigeon

How about Homer the Homing pigeon? Looks very cool by the way.

Eric

Mon cher ami.

chris

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    You know you've lost it when you start buying taxidermy animals to display in your collection!
    Attached to the pigeon is an original American carrier Pigeon leg capsule. All I need now is an suitable name for the bird - any ideas?
    That is a superb talking point!! I wish he were mine.

As for a name, may I respectfully suggest 'Speckled Jim'.....YouTube - ‪blackadder - shooting of the carrier pigeon‬‏

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post

As for a name, may I respectfully suggest 'Speckled Jim'.....YouTube - ‪blackadder - shooting of the carrier pigeon‬‏

Regards, Ned.
    A classic
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by big ned View Post

Regards, Ned.
    You a blackadder fan??? Nice.
    Sir, I have a cunning plan.....

I like the name Speckled Jim, I just need to think of an appropiate rank now. Private First Class? Captain? Major?

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    I like the name Speckled Jim, I just need to think of an appropiate rank now. Private First Class? Captain? Major?
    Flight Officer???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

All you need now is Vest,pigeon, issued to mainly paratroopers to send back within 6 hours. Or container, pigeon, PG-101/CB, for parachuteing in 8 birds. Or container, pigeon PG51, 4 bird container made of ply.
    Aaron

I've been looking for a vest for while - about 10 - 15 years ago I think Blunderbuss Antiques had a load for about £15 each, unfortunatetly the price seems to have sky rocketed. I have seen a couple of the containers but again they are expensive (I bought the leg capsule for about £6, I think they're going for £50+ now?). I think I'll start looking for an original dog harness and get a stuffed German Shepherd or maybe a saddle and briddle and get a stuffed horse.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast