Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Norwegian airborne officers uniform

Article about: I collect U.S. airborne items for the most part but I saw this uniform to a Norwegian LT and was sold on it im hoping it is authentic. I could not find much about norways involvement with th

Default WW2 Norwegian airborne officers uniform

I collect U.S. airborne items for the most part but I saw this uniform to a Norwegian LT and was sold on it im hoping it is authentic. I could not find much about norways involvement with the british in ww2 but I have seen some period photos of them with the british. I am currently deployed so I cant get any more photos of this at the moment. I was told there are no tags and the buttons are marked to a maker in oslo. The seller said he had been told the beret was a possible repro but the cap badge was real.

beret is marked beret industries limited, any comments or info on this uniform would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

i have seen this group elsewhere.

The beret is indeed a copy. The English made cap badge and the rest of the uniform is original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

i have seen this group elsewhere.

The beret is indeed a copy. The English made cap badge and the rest of the uniform is original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks ade for the comment and the welcome. I was also told by another collector this is a put together? That the wing is Pakistani or indian made post war? As I am new to this but I know different collectors have varying standpoints on things what about this leads you to belive it is ok so I know what to look for?

Hand made bullion wings are hard to accredit. To me they look OK.

But the addition of one bad item, ie the beret, will always cast doubt upon the rest in many peoples eyes.

I take it the seller is out of the UK?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hand made bullion wings are hard to accredit. To me they look OK.

But the addition of one bad item, ie the beret, will always cast doubt upon the rest in many peoples eyes.

I take it the seller is out of the UK?

Cheers, Ade.
    thank you, and yes the seller is i will message you the name as not to throw it up on the thread.

I have never seen a wing like that on a Norwegian uniform, not saying it is fake, the uniform seems original enough to me. And I do not believe the Norwegian paratroopers wore Red berets. As far as I can remember, the Norwegian paratroopers were not put into action during the war(Except the SOE etc).
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Not to ressurect a dead thread in vain, but i choose to remove the wings from this uniform. From what i have seen in period photos online and in a few books the rest looked ok in my opnion. I did find pictures of wings being worn on the same norwegian uniform style in the same spot but of the typical british cloth wing.

?

A thread without photos is of zero value

I had uploaded photos before. It looks like the site hosting them is not up anymore. It has been some time since this thread had any comments just wanted the posters from beforehand who had weighed in on the subject to know how things went.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    A thread without photos is of zero value
    Indeed, even if an old thread it needs the pictures so it can be seen what was good or bad about this uniform group.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast