Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Supak berets

Article about: Guys, here is a fake Supak maroon beret that no doubt will sell for a small fortune. The picture shown in this post is from the fake beret. Supak did make maroon berets during ww2 (and black

Just goes to show how in this present economic climate even the most decent folk show there dark side...............

Hard to believe he listed it with a high reserve, which was not met, so it was relisted as a buy it now, at which it sold for £385, which should have told any buyer that it was bad as it should have sold for nearly double that or more if it was an original WWII period red beret.

WW2 1944 Dated British Paratrooper Beret | eBay
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Guess its 2 fingers up at the "collectors" who snigger at these types of forum,who's not laughing now,pays to be a member here,well i think it does anyway,without the guys here many a wanna be would have most probably paid an hefty price for nothing short of garbage,sorry end of rant..............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Guess its 2 fingers up at the "collectors" who snigger at these types of forum,who's not laughing now,pays to be a member here,well i think it does anyway,without the guys here many a wanna be would have most probably paid an hefty price for nothing short of garbage,sorry end of rant..............
    That is my biggest fear. Thinking I've found something amazing and buying it, only for it to be fake. I'm happy that this forum is here to help us less informed buyers like myself.

?

It seems that this thread is one of the first results when you search the internet for supak manufacturing co, mission accomplished!

?

WW2 Supak beretsWW2 Supak beretsWW2 Supak berets

Just found this old thread and very interesting indeed.

I have a Supak beret which I am having trouble to date, as the makers markings are very faint - almost not existent. However the WD stamp is just about legible and is M. So either 1944 or 1954.

The liner features the leather airvents tab and single thread, instead of the later zig-zagging. The badge position has been cut into the felt and there is no sewn "rectangle" as on later berets.

Did 1954 Supak berets have the rectangle and zig-zagged thread? And is there a way to revive the makers markings... I have dampened the area but didn't help much.
    Last edited by Ocad; 07-17-2017 at 02:38 PM.

?

?

I think I can see a very faint 6 in the middle of the diamond and the end of a line on the right with a D. Its all very hard to make out.

It seems to me the wartime stamps were quite faint and light while postwar stamps were more dominant white ink.

the very same 1944 Supak maroon beret is one again for sale on ebay. The seller advertises it as "ideal for living history re-enactment or museum display" (very subtle!) and starting price is £ 150. One bid, up to date.

the current seller, who had it to start with, also has a claimed to be 1944 RM beret but you can see the slider pocket has been removed....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-ROYAL...IAAOSwD8ZZ80ys
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2