Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket

Article about: Pictured below is my latest buy on ebay. A genuine WWII Indian airborne battle dress jacket, the shoulder title and the officers pips are bullion wire.Note the unusual buttons up the front o

Default WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket

Pictured below is my latest buy on ebay. A genuine WWII Indian airborne battle dress jacket, the shoulder title and the officers pips are bullion wire.Note the unusual buttons up the front of the jacket. I hope you enjoy seeing it as I do in owning it, John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket   WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket  

WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket   WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket  

WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket  

Default WWII Indian B>D> jacket

The rest of the pictures of the above jacket
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket   WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket  

WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket   WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket  

Default Re: WWII Indian airborne B.D. jacket

Hi John, looks very nice. You can date this to 1945 due to the use of the shoulder title, as this only existed for that year.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi John, looks very nice. You can date this to 1945 due to the use of the shoulder title, as this only existed for that year.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade, I was beginning to wonder if the forgotten army were well and truly not only forgotten but ignored as well, John.

?

John, great blouse congratulations! You got it from a very dubious source but this one gets my thumbsup.

I am getting a bit p****d off with you and others on the other site knocking the seller of special forces items. He will always refund your money if you do not like the items you have bought.I have had nothing from him that I have sent back. I am not some green newcomer to military badges, I am 65 and as I said, I do know what I am talking about . A few of you "experts on the other site seem for some reason to think that you are the oricals and know everything there is to know on speciasl forces items. Tyneside Irish was adamant that the G squadron SAS never wore the Guards colours backing to the SAS cap badge. How wrong he was proved to be. That is why I come here because on here people seem to be genuinly helpfull and not a bunch of knockers . John.

?

I prefer to judge a seller by the honesty of the item descriptions, not his return policy. This man doesn't deserve to be defended, he's been ripping off buyers for huge sums for along time. There are plenty of well documented examples on many forums.

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    I am getting a bit p****d off with you and others on the other site knocking the seller of special forces items. He will always refund your money if you do not like the items you have bought.I have had nothing from him that I have sent back. I am not some green newcomer to military badges, I am 65 and as I said, I do know what I am talking about . A few of you "experts on the other site seem for some reason to think that you are the oricals and know everything there is to know on speciasl forces items. Tyneside Irish was adamant that the G squadron SAS never wore the Guards colours backing to the SAS cap badge. How wrong he was proved to be. That is why I come here because on here people seem to be genuinly helpfull and not a bunch of knockers . John.
    Well firstly, thank you for again trying to blacken my name for some comment I posted on a different forum, totally unconnected to this thread, or your item, or your defence of the shady shananigans of a certain Tailor. He is not worth further discussion. If you like his stuff keep buying it.
    Also bandying your age about like it matters or makes a difference to how knowledgeable you are is just Pathetic. 16 or 65 how does it matter?
    Just keep me out of your future petty strop postings and I'll not bother you.

Secondly. Whilst you brought it up. I'll agree, I was adamant Re: The G Sqn badge backing, but I've got 22 very valid reasons why I said that G Sqn didn't wear it. However as it turned out for a brief millisecond of the squadrons past they did wear a badge backing. You failed to mention that I humbly recanted when shown the evidence, and we can all learn to never say never in the insignia world. But again what has that got to do with anything on this board? Just because they wore it, doesn't mean any sold on an online auction house are genuine does it?

Finally, I'm not an oracle, but I was my privilege to follow my fathers example and actually earn the right to wear some of the badges you collect.
    Last edited by tynesideirish; 09-30-2010 at 06:00 PM.

I was just going to say, thanks for showing the jacket, never saw one before, it's a great looking item. anything else I have no idea, nor want too, just great looking jacket & in very nice shape, thanks for showing a newb something I had never seen.

Hi,
    I think I must stand up and be counted re this seller, I have bought some decent stuff from him but have also have had to return, therefore i am very warey, to put this BD together would have taken some doing but if you have been collecting a long time, perhaps not, at the end of the day its up to the buyer to make the decision, if the price paid is the sum of the badges on it, so be it, it was sold without provenance,
    thanks.