Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Your opinion required

Article about: I recently bought these uniforms and would like to know what you think. The first one: parachute regiment. This one comes with pants and a beret The second one: commando And the last one a p

Hi Peter

I agree with the guys.

Parachute Regiment: Don’t like the BD Formation signs. The FS is not what I would like to see as well as the cloth title, the wing could be 1950's.

Beret if you can show images of the inside and close up of Badge.

The commando BD is screaming a multitude of questions!

First Commando Bde existed late 1944-1945, there has been no evidence of this cloth title being used and remains unexplained. S S is for 2 Commando and was used early 1941-42 period before the red on dark blue cloth/printed titles and you have a Combined Operations FS?

And you have 1 Commando on left sleeve, which is a repro. So which unit did he serve in is the question I would ask?

Parachute Denim:

If this is meant to represent British Airborne/Parachute Regiment, never seen numbers on the end of cloth insignia, also the wing is 1950's post war something tells me the Peggie’s could be Belgium post war? And is missing Arm of service on Right arm, at least he has it pointing the correct way on the left arm!!

Peter unfortunately there is too many red flags in this grouping.

One should thoroughly research every item for authenticity and at the very least unit histories which is easily accessible via forums and wiki and would result in questions to the seller. Failing that asking forums questions could save spending hard earned money on reproductions.

I know if you buy a legit patched WWII Para or Commando BD they tend to be extremely expensive you wouldn't get much change out of 1000 GBP if not more and would come with provenance from known sellers.

Phill

Thanks Phill for your wise answers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2