MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1943 Dated canadian battle dress

Article about: Here is a battle dress jacket I bought dated 1943 to a maker in montreal https://www.joesalter.com/category/p...le-Dress-Tunic the website I bought it from has good photos as I have not rece

It's hard to say what regiment this blouse would be, not only is there no shoulder title, but there is no division patch either. Canadians at the beginning of the war only wore Canada titles until 1942, and even then there are many scenarios in which titels would be removed.

It looks like there were small tabs above the Canada tiles the ribbon bar is sewn on as well.

One thing that I noticed was, the collar. Officers were permitted to wear an open collar for a tie, and generally most took advantage of that. This one looks like it's always had the collar buttoned up...just interesting, is all. I'm trying to remember as well...I believe that the tab for the collar was later war? I think the early design of the BD had the hooks...?

sorry..also, I am not sure but I don't think that a shoulder flash and the Canada flash were worn together too often. This cat that wore it might just have been an officer in the General List..?

Usually the Canada title was worn only if the shoulder title did not have the word canada in it, and yes the button up collar was introduced in 1943.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2