Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1st armored Ike

Article about: Hi guys picked this up this weekend the stripes have me confused . I'm thinking british made and i can't find the DUI's . thanks for looking Gary

?

Default 1st armored Ike

Hi guys picked this up this weekend the stripes have me confused . I'm thinking british made and i can't find the DUI's . thanks for looking Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st armored Ike   1st armored Ike  

1st armored Ike  

The chevrons do look weird for sure, but it's still a nice looking jacket.

Calloway

?

Thanks Calloway

Never seen ribbon bars like that too!! Sorry I can't help either!

?

Hi Rene I've seen the ribbon bars before they are British made . the wool on the chevrons are the same as the backing on the ribbon bars. The DUI's are also theater made. Gary

Is the ribbon bar on one wool backing, or is the WW2 Victory ribbon and the other 3 ribbons on two separate pieces of wool? Interesting Chevrons too, I've seen them before, can't recall the place of manufacturer. Definitely a unique looking Ike.

Hunt

?

Hunt yes two different ribbon bars .

I'm guessing the WW2 Victory ribbon was awarded right after this soldier had their custom ribbon bar made, so they got the ww2 victory ribbon custom made and put it under their already custom ribbon bar instead of have an entire new one made. Interesting for sure. Must have been frustrating!

Hunt