Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander

Article about: Meet Arthur Gerrard. From Louisville, Kentucky, he was a company commander in the 357th Infantry Regiment, part of the 90th Infantry Division "Tough Ombres". Campaigns of 90th ID:

TWS
    ?

Default 357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander

Meet Arthur Gerrard. From Louisville, Kentucky, he was a company commander in the 357th Infantry Regiment, part of the 90th Infantry Division "Tough Ombres". Campaigns of 90th ID: Normandy, Northern France, Ardennes-Alsace, Rhineland. After the surrender of Germany it appears CPT Gerrard was assigned to 730th Field Artillery Battalion, 75th Infantry Division. Like most G.I.'s he could not resist bringing back some souvenirs. Very interesting snapshot of him walking past a dead German soldier in a battle-damaged city. Every piece of uniform on the mannequin belonged to him.
    357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander357th Infantry Regiment Company Commander
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

That is fantastic to put a face with the uniform. It's nice to know it will be kept together.Great grouping
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Great display set! but he can't be liking those behind him!?!

Must say it's a very interesting certificate needed for the coins and insignia! but I guess being an officer it needs to go by the book.

TWS
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Must say it's a very interesting certificate needed for the coins and insignia! but I guess being an officer it needs to go by the book.
    It's a common enough type of paper work that collectors even have a name for it: "capture papers". I've seen it in various formats, but basically it was a permission to bring back their souvenirs.
    I saw the capture papers for some other items I obtained as a kid, but regret that I did not get the papers. I still have the items and kick myself that I wasn't able to secure the papers, although I do remember what they said.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Great display set! but he can't be liking those behind him!?!
    He's being flanked by German Infantry on one side and by German armor on the other!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Awesome display Todd! Great job keeping it together and in a really nice homage to the warrior who once wore the uniform. Well done!