Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

40 pattern BD trousers.

Article about: by Bond I have no doubts that all the modifications were done during the original owners use of these trousers. It certainly makes sense to me that you might re enforce the buttons, it's som

Default 40 pattern BD trousers.

I picked these up today in an antiques shop and the patches came from another shop in the same town, which I will post in another thread.

I assume these are good period originals, though some of the buttons have been replaced/restored.

The have an O over the broadarrow mark which I think makes them 42 dated?

There is some staining on the inside and also a few small areas of mothing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 40 pattern BD trousers.   40 pattern BD trousers.  

40 pattern BD trousers.   40 pattern BD trousers.  

40 pattern BD trousers.   40 pattern BD trousers.  

Last edited by Jerry B; 09-17-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: 40 pattern BD trousers.

I dream of finding BD trousers in antique shops..i also dream of having a 30in waist too!!

Nice finds.Where they a good price?

Default Re: 40 pattern BD trousers.

Quote by NCA View Post
    I dream of finding BD trousers in antique shops..i also dream of having a 30in waist too!!

Nice finds.Where they a good price?
    They were priced at £30 and they reduced them to £28, without my asking. I thought £30 was a good price, but when in Rome

I can still get into 30in waist trousers., though these are a little short according to the size label, even though they seem very long. They wore them high in those days.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Lucky find.Worth a bit more than that!and with an intact label.

Happy days!

I have just been having another look and noticed two areas -apart from the buttons on the waist- where different colour thread has been used. In one place white thread has been used to close off most of the small pocket for the dressing, whilst green thread has been used to sew creases down the front and back of the legs.
    Regards,

Jerry

Bargain!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fantastic find Jerry

The brown plastic buttons are the usual type for this pattern, and the button on the field dressing pocket is also correct for the first issue 1940 Pattern trousers. The brass braces buttons might well have been replaced, as you say.

Rob

The brass buttons are marked Cheney B(irming)ham.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    The brass buttons are marked Cheney B(irming)ham.
    Jerry

They look to me like the kind of buttons supplied in the British Army housewife (sewing kit) during WW2. I would suspect they are period replacements, made by the soldier who wore them (for whatever reason)

Rob

I have no doubts that all the modifications were done during the original owners use of these trousers. It certainly makes sense to me that you might re enforce the buttons, it's something I have done on many occasions. Interesting thoughts on their origins.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast