Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

6th Army Australian Made Ike Jacket

Article about: As usual, my wife did a terrific job with my Christmas presents this year. One of the highlights is my first Australian made Ike jacket. This one is dated 1944 and was a Corporal in the 6th

Default 6th Army Australian Made Ike Jacket

As usual, my wife did a terrific job with my Christmas presents this year. One of the highlights is my first Australian made Ike jacket. This one is dated 1944 and was a Corporal in the 6th Army who was later assigned to the Pacific Ocean Areas command. There is a last name written in it but I'm still trying to make it out. I would love to be able to research this soldier as it's a beautiful Ike and it would be a shame for it's history to be lost.

Thanks for letting me share!

?

From Victoria, my state. But I don't know the manufacturer for the 188 code sorry.

Given?

Oz.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    From Victoria, my state. But I don't know the manufacturer for the 188 code sorry.

Given?

Oz.
    Thank you for the manufacture information! I wouldn't have known the first place to start.

The name does look like it could be Given...or something along those lines. Going to start searching by trial and error.

Looks like Gwen. Two of them were enlisted during WWII - Search Results - Page 1 | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

Awesome! Thank you.

Of the two, it looks like one enlisted in March 1943 and would fit the time period. The other enlisted in 1946 and would have been post-war.