Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

7th Army/3rd Army Ike Jacket Uniform

Article about: Hey guys I wanted to share my newest pickup and I have a few questions about it that are confusing. This Ike Jacket is dated December 14, 1944 and came with pants, tie, belt and handkerchief

I did the laundry tag but I couldn’t trace it very well. What’s your thoughts Rene on this one?

Calloway

Quote by WTolleson1940 View Post
    I did the laundry tag but I couldn’t trace it very well. What’s your thoughts Rene on this one?

Calloway
    Ahh I always like an Ike Mate regardless of what's on it. The hankie is a ripper find too! I don't see these around!

Hey, I'm new here so forgive me for bringing up an older thread, but I have a few comments on this.

The jacket is defintley alright, and I'd say everything on it is most likely original. It is very common for ribbons to be worn without a ribbon rack as well as out of order. I would say that at least 50-75% of the original uniforms I see have ribbons out of the order of precedence. The strict uniform regulations is much more of a post-WW2 thing. Keep in mind, there were millions of soldiers in the army along so for every single one of these soldiers to be in complete regulation was too much to handle. Especially considering as most NCO's and officers were cititizen-soldiers themselves just like the privates. So if you haven't moved them yet, please keep the ribbons in the order they are now as that is how the soldier would have worn them coming home in this uniform.

Now it is definiley not put together either. The Coast Artillery Corps was made up of more than just fixed fortifications on the coast of the continental United States. Many of these units ended up going overseas and serving as anti-aircraft, and other artillery units. Usually as rear units. They did not serve as field artillery, but did see some action overseas. They were assigned on an army level usually as well (hence the 3rd and 7th army patches on this uniform). What this is, is a nice relatively complete WW2 CAC dress uniform for a Private First Class I would be happy to have in my own collection! Let me know if you have anymore questions as I can hopefully answer.

Hunt

Thanks so much Hunt, I'm relieved that it's original because it was sort of spendy for me.

Calloway

No problem! Let me know about any future uniform questions!

Hunt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2