Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

8th AAF TSgt Uniform

Article about: Hello To All, First off I need to throw out a BIG thanks to Steve for helping me out with making sure I was getting the right thing to add to my collection in honor of my Uncle's service wit

?

Default 8th AAF TSgt Uniform

Hello To All,
    First off I need to throw out a BIG thanks to Steve for helping me out with making sure I was getting the right thing to add to my collection in honor of my Uncle's service with the 8th AF 384th Bomb Group. This is how I got it and eventually I will put the ribbons and aerial gunner wings that I have collected to represent what My uncle was awarded, I got the jacket ,pants and shirt. But I figured I would post how it looks now and I'll post pic's again when I got it all set up to look like my uncle's.
    8th AAF TSgt Uniform8th AAF TSgt Uniform8th AAF TSgt Uniform8th AAF TSgt Uniform8th AAF TSgt Uniform8th AAF TSgt Uniform
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8th AAF TSgt Uniform  

Default Re: 8th AAF TSgt Uniform

That's a really nice setup as is! Good luck with putting it together to honor your uncle.

?

Thanks. I think so to.
    The seller started it at $149.95. So I sent her a message asking if she would take $100, she sent back an offer for $125. I asked if that would include shipping and she sent back saying her husband had paid $135.00 for it 20 years ago.(HMMM) and that she thought 125+ shipping was fair. So I jumped on it. It does have 2 small(pin head) moth holes on the back but the rest is perfect!!! So I am extremely happy with it. All I need is a tie and shoe's and it totally done.
    It will make an excellent display when I get a mannequin to put it on.

Take care
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice! Ben (Americankraut) has some stuff that belonged to his grandfather, who was in the 8th Air Force, I believe.

By the way, this uniform is for a Master Sergeant, not a Tech Sgt.

?

I have to disagree with you on that. Master Sergeant (E-8)has 3 rockers on the bottom. This has Tech Sergeant( E-7) strips with 2 rockers on the bottom.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

You're right! My bad. You learn something new every day. So this is a second grade?

Great looking Dress Greens Phil.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Yes.
    Above Staff Sergeant, Below Master Sergeant,
    After WW2 (1948) it became SFC(Sergeant First Class)
    I learn something everytime I come to this site!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks John!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice nuiform Phil, A few things I noticed are that the ribbons are backwards. The Air Medal should be on the left as it is the highest award and the wings should be 1/2 " above the ribbons. Also the collar brass should be aligned so they are horizontal just touching the seam and in line with the point of the lapel ( just a bit lower than you have them.) The PUC should also be right on the top of the pocket but that may block the Honorable Discharge patch some. This was common for seamstresses to sew these too low as all of the ribbons were removed before you got your uniform dry cleaned. So if you didn't tell her about the PUC ribbon it would be sewn 1/2" too low. Most soldier did not care much as they were happy to go home.
    Thanks for showing
    Burt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast