Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Advice about USAAF B-15 jacket

Article about: Hello, I am thinking of bidding on this jacket, these are the only pictures available. Is it likely to be genuine, and how much should I be paying for it? Many thanks, Douglas

Default Advice about USAAF B-15 jacket

Hello, I am thinking of bidding on this jacket, these are the only pictures available. Is it likely to be genuine, and how much should I be paying for it? Many thanks, Douglas
    Attached Images Attached Images Advice about USAAF B-15 jacket  Advice about USAAF B-15 jacket  Advice about USAAF B-15 jacket  Advice about USAAF B-15 jacket  Advice about USAAF B-15 jacket 

Default Re: Advice about USAAF B-15 jacket

Since this nice find is in worn condition, with some holes in it, I would not pay more than 100 dollars for it. Do you mind if you can tell us the price he is asking for? Its a post WWII jacket and in Fair condition. Black tags are a nice addition.

Thanks for that, the starting price is £150 so clearly that not something I want to be bidding on, and I am looking for a wartime flying jacket. Presumably its immediatley post war, as the Army Air Forces didnt exist for long after?

You've stopped me wasting some money there, so thanks.

Douglas

Are you certain its not a wartime jacket? My reference book on the subject says type B-15 was superceded by B-15b in May 1945. Since this is a type B15 that would infact, make this one wartime. I notice there is one for sale at Military Aviation Artifacts for $400. Presumably that one is grossly overpriced if I should be looking for one for $100?

This is a wartime jacket.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dug around some data bases. I stand corrected, this is a first issue jacket. Hince B-15. The amendment to the original would follow B-15A. B-15B, B-15C, B-15D. Yes, this is for sure a WWII jacket. 1944 from what i come across. Perhaps you can grab it at 120 pounds? That's a fair price

Ok, thanks very much for your help gentlemen.