Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

AIF 1942 tunic

Article about: picked this tunic up today at a market. from what I was told, that this man was a cook in Darwin in ww2. I found the hair brush in the pocket. and what I think is 70 year old dandruff . The

thanks rene for having a look too. the patch looks to me to be black and red. his surname was, Robinson vx33285. when I get his diary and letters. it might help. I've been looking too just on the web. with no luck.

?

The WWII Nominal Roll on the AWM site has him as serving with the 2/142 General Transport Company when he discharged in Feb 1945. His rank at discharge was Private.

Oz.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    The WWII Nominal Roll on the AWM site has him as serving with the 2/142 General Transport Company when he discharged in Feb 1945. His rank at discharge was Private.

Oz.
    thank you oz I looked a the Australian war memorial site and had no luck.

ok found him on the same site. but thank you again.

?

He was buried at Altona Cemetery in 1994. There is also an old pic of him on one of the Genealogy websites.

Oz.

ok thank you
    I got this tunic of his wife's nephew who lives herein Geelong. he is in his 70s now and said that there no family left.
    he is getting his dairy for me and some papers. as I said it will be good to keep all tougher.

?

Yes, it will make a nice little collection. Maybe the nephew can find a wartime photograph too? Its a great looking tunic. Here is my favourite, a picture I have posted before.

AIF 1942 tunic

Oz.

he has his other tunic to its not unit marked I should have got that to....and he said he sold his bayonet stamp 1926

Quote by Ubique View Post

Oz.
    Maybe he got demoted!?!

?

Yes, apparently demoted. Was there rank on the other tunic I wonder?

Oz.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast