Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

AIF 1942 tunic

Article about: picked this tunic up today at a market. from what I was told, that this man was a cook in Darwin in ww2. I found the hair brush in the pocket. and what I think is 70 year old dandruff . The

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Yes, apparently demoted. Was there rank on the other tunic I wonder?

Oz.
    hi oz the other tunic dose not have a rank on it from what I can rember.

?

I guess that could be the later one then. Sounds like you got the better one mate!

Oz.

Default a update

i thought I might put together some webbing to go with the tunic. all 43 dated and Canadian made. the slouch hat is 43. just waiting for the puggaree now.

and I got the other tunic 43 dated still with paper tag.
    cheers mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AIF 1942 tunic   AIF 1942 tunic  

AIF 1942 tunic   AIF 1942 tunic  

AIF 1942 tunic   AIF 1942 tunic  

got the puggaree.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AIF 1942 tunic  

AIF
    ?

Don't know how I missed this post, what a great pick up! It looks good on the mannequin too, but for gods sake please put the slouch hat on the right way, he is wearing it backwards! lol

Also I would suggest removing the entrenching tool cover from the webbing and doing away with it and putting the canteen on the right hip where it is supposed to be... Depending how correct you want to be I would also replace the basic pouches for the earlier Canadian 'small' pouches, as the MK3's you are using only saw very limited use with Aussies at the end of the war, although they were used post war right through into Vietnam.

Also Rene is correct with the identification of the patch, it is just that yours has the 2nd AIF grey backing. I have seen many variations of colour in WW2 artillery patches they can range anywhere from the correct royal blue through to navy, almost black, purple and even lighter shades of blue.

Cheers Luke.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Don't know how I missed this post, what a great pick up! It looks good on the mannequin too, but for gods sake please put the slouch hat on the right way, he is wearing it backwards! lol

Also I would suggest removing the entrenching tool cover from the webbing and doing away with it and putting the canteen on the right hip where it is supposed to be... Depending how correct you want to be I would also replace the basic pouches for the earlier Canadian 'small' pouches, as the MK3's you are using only saw very limited use with Aussies at the end of the war, although they were used post war right through into Vietnam.

Also Rene is correct with the identification of the patch, it is just that yours has the 2nd AIF grey backing. I have seen many variations of colour in WW2 artillery patches they can range anywhere from the correct royal blue through to navy, almost black, purple and even lighter shades of blue.

Cheers Luke.
    thank you luke for you comments.
    I was told that the entrenching tool would not be needed, so will take that off.
    and I will put the canteen on the right hip.
    the pouches are unissued came out of a box load and braces to.
    just thought having that new look, would make it display better.
    than the worn ratty ones I have, I do have other pouches. so will put the smaller ones on.
    thank you for your help mark

these are the other two sets I have
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AIF 1942 tunic   AIF 1942 tunic  

AIF 1942 tunic  

AIF
    ?

Yeah I'm with you there I only collect mint or very close to mint webbing, it just takes time and patience to track it all down. Also I see what you mean mate, the set on the right are ideally the ones you want to use but they aren't quite a match. If you have a look there is a seller on ebay.au who has mint pairs for sale.

Here is one of my WE sets, although this is early war British made this is how you need to set it up, although you could also have the small haversack I have on mine worn the left hip and the large pack on the back.
    Last edited by AIF; 09-12-2015 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

thanks luke.
    I have often came across one pouch on its own. and that's it.
    the belts are a hard one to come bye. but always find a gas mask bag.
    but I do have a smaller haversack. cheers mark.

got his letters and a few other things. 2/142 gen tpt coy rank cook this is what it say on one of his leave passes. camp pell Melbourne then on one of the letters says 2AA reg A.A.S.C AIF abroad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast