Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Antiques Roadshow Today 21-3-10

Article about: WOW!!! Did anyone just see the presenters Mums nurses overcoat with all the flashes inside??? She was a nurse in WW2 and for every very sick soldier she personally treated, she asked for the

Default Antiques Roadshow Today 21-3-10

WOW!!! Did anyone just see the presenters Mums nurses overcoat with all the flashes inside???

She was a nurse in WW2 and for every very sick soldier she personally treated, she asked for the arm flash.
    He was showing the coat & then opened it up!!!! They were all sown inside, all 165 of them.

Some rare ones like the falklands flash, a rare flash from a place that was relatively unheard of during ww2!

I was amazed by the coat! Even the misses commented on it!

BBC - BBC One Programmes - Antiques Roadshow, Series 32, Hopetoun
    Skip to part 42m 00s

Some screen shots.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Antiques Roadshow Today 21-3-10   Antiques Roadshow Today 21-3-10  

Antiques Roadshow Today 21-3-10  

Default Re: Antiques Roadshow Today 21-3-10

Hi Dan, I saw that too.

Some nice flashes, Glider Pilot Regt wings, several US flashes too.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

I think I even see a POLAND shoulder flash

Interesting coat

The Penguin badge is nothing to do with the Falklands. It is the formation sign for the 22nd. Beach group. Even the antique experts get it wrong. Having said that it is a very amazing collection. John.

?

Every one wants to give the pretty nurses something. I did portraits of the nurses on my ward at Oak Knoll Naval Hospital in Oakland California in the late 60's. Looks like the boys gave her shoulder flashes. She must have been at one of the big hospitals in England that had a lot of guys pass through during WWII. What a great coat.