Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Armored uniform collection

Article about: Good day to all! I thought i was high time to share my US armored division uniforms. To start off, here is my newly aquired 1st model tanker jacket! Neat that it has a leather name tag more

?

Default Armored uniform collection

Good day to all!
    I thought i was high time to share my US armored division uniforms. To start off, here is my newly aquired 1st model tanker jacket! Neat that it has a leather name tag more commonly seen on flight jackets. On a side note, does anybody know a way to look up veterans by name?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armored uniform collection   Armored uniform collection  

?

And here is a great 9th AD ike jacket i bought didectly from the mans son.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armored uniform collection  

?

This looks like it has german made and applied insignia. Ive never seen american insignia sewn on zig-zag style
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armored uniform collection   Armored uniform collection  

?

A nice colonels uniform

Hello, Have you tried wwii-enlistment.com ? You can look up last names, laundry numbers and army serial numbers.

Wow, these are nice. I have a 4th armored Ike jacket but nothing like this.

?

Oops! I forgot to put this one up. I call it the Fury jacket! Haha even though i hated that movie

Thanks for sharing! That first Tankers jacket is awesome. Congrats, and good luck with the research; I for one would be interested to hear what you discover.

Quote by akmo View Post
    This looks like it has german made and applied insignia. Ive never seen american insignia sewn on zig-zag style
    Hi Akmo

The patch and tab are US made and definitely the zig zag stitching is odd for that time period.

Below are US made tabs , 1945 post WWII-mid 60's, apart from the Bevo "Hell on Wheels" and curved (laundered) "Spearhead" tabs.

I want to do a some research on that stitching.

Great collection by the way.

Attachment 936311

Phill

?

Well, i tried the site that was suggested to no avail. I did however find a relative on there