Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

army and usmc fieldd uniforms completed

Article about: Hey all! Just thought I would post a pic of my two complete field uniforms i have. I made another thread on my usmc collection with the uniform on the right in it but I changed a few things

With my one it's dated on the rear, I'm unsure about the post war black ones

nothing on the back

?

From the old Gunny I work with , the Black holsters are what he carried in VN. He and I don't know if they just dyed the older stock black or if they were made in that time period. But he did carry a M14 during his 2 of his 3 tours!( he was an early bird)But either way. That is an awesome display

Semper Fi
    Phil

thanks for the help! i figured postwar and was thinking korean war didnt know these were still used in VN that much

looking closer i didnt notice the stamp but it is there, sorry! its hard to see but it is there. for the packs on the uniforms the usmc set had a 1942 pack with poncho and the army set has a 1945 pack with shovel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture army and usmc fieldd uniforms completed   army and usmc fieldd uniforms completed  

Haha ya get that when you get lots of stuff to play with! nice one Patches, can you make out the date?

Great you have the packs too, I'd love to see you find a M41 jacket as well, I'm guessing these are getting a little tricky to find at a good price these days

i will have to check the date in the morning, for now i looked it up and found this is indeed a vietnam holster made by Cathey Enterprises. and i think the last two numbers on there were 66. as for the jacket, i do want to get one and yes they are harder to find, for this setup though i looked for mid to later war items that all had that greenish coloring to them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2