Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Aussie BD?

Article about: by Thanatos Gday fella's Stumbled across this today Australian made BD Blouse. Attachment 325146Attachment 325147Attachment 325148 "A very nice 1942 dated Australian made Battle Dress b

AIF
    ?

I thought I would open up this old thread with some new information and proof that Jerry's battle dress was in fact Australian made

I came across this Aussie side cap in a surplus/gun store a couple weeks ago, I was back there again yesterday so I got some pictures of it.
    Sorry for the poor quality I only had my mobile with me but you can clearly see it is by the same maker.

Cheers Luke.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Lovely, not a maker I have! did you buy it?

AIF
    ?

No mate I left it there, I probably should have but I have come to the decision that I will only buy stuff I really need now because I am running out of room.

Quote by AIF View Post
    No mate I left it there, I probably should have but I have come to the decision that I will only buy stuff I really need now because I am running out of room.
    OK!!!!

AIF
    ?

At the moment the spare room is starting to look like the storage annex of the Rene Blacky collection!! hahaha

That FS cap is fascinating to me as I never knew they were made in Australia at all. You never stop learning eh? Who were they made for?

Quote by AIF View Post
    I thought I would open up this old thread with some new information and proof that Jerry's battle dress was in fact Australian made

I came across this Aussie side cap in a surplus/gun store a couple weeks ago, I was back there again yesterday so I got some pictures of it.
    Sorry for the poor quality I only had my mobile with me but you can clearly see it is by the same maker.

Cheers Luke.
    Thanks Luke for showing the pics of the cap by the same maker. I always knew the BD was Aussie made, but to get proof is great. On another forum where I showed it one member was very insistent that it was not Aussie made and basically implied that I did not know what I was on about and as he was an Aussie he obviously knew better than I.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

AIF
    ?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Thanks Luke for showing the pics of the cap by the same maker. I always knew the BD was Aussie made, but to get proof is great. On another forum where I showed it one member was very insistent that it was not Aussie made and basically implied that I did not know what I was on about and as he was an Aussie he obviously knew better than I.
    No worries Jerry!! Mate some people are just know it all's when if fact they don't know shite, and it's best not to listen to them lol

I always knew your BD was Aussie made I had just never come across this maker before so it was nice to finally see another item made by them! At a guess I would say they probably started making uniforms in 1942 just before the maker codes came in and they actually could be a very common maker but we may well never know.

Cheers Luke.

P.S You should post these pics on the other forum and show the so called expert LOL

Hi Luke,

The other forum is one where a membership fee is required to post pics and I stopped paying it a couple of years back, though I still check out threads and post comments, just no pics anymore.

PS the BD is 1941 dated.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the extra info, good to know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast