Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Aussie BD?

Article about: by Thanatos Gday fella's Stumbled across this today Australian made BD Blouse. Attachment 325146Attachment 325147Attachment 325148 "A very nice 1942 dated Australian made Battle Dress b

AIF
    ?

Oh ok missed that bit mate, so 1941 dated hmmm must be a rare maker either that or all their stuff is in Pomgolia with you guys

Quote by AIF View Post
    Oh ok missed that bit mate, so 1941 dated hmmm must be a rare maker either that or all their stuff is in Pomgolia with you guys
    I have seen one other BD by this maker, posted on this forum among a group of items all to a Brit, so perhaps at this early date they did all or mostly go to Brits. I'll try and find the thread and post the link.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

AIF
    ?

Cheers mate I'd like to see it!!

Quote by AIF View Post
    Cheers mate I'd like to see it!!
    I had a look Luke but could not find it.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Thanks Luke for showing the pics of the cap by the same maker. I always knew the BD was Aussie made, but to get proof is great. On another forum where I showed it one member was very insistent that it was not Aussie made and basically implied that I did not know what I was on about and as he was an Aussie he obviously knew better than I.
    Gee Jerry,
    Tell us how you really feel. I actually tried to be helpful because as stated 'on the other forum' this one did not conform to other Australian made items. I never implied that you didn't know what you are talking about but certainly did try to help with this one.
    Last time I try to do anything helpful for you.

Mark

?

Quote by AIF View Post
    No worries Jerry!! Mate some people are just know it all's when if fact they don't know shite, and it's best not to listen to them lol

I always knew your BD was Aussie made I had just never come across this maker before so it was nice to finally see another item made by them! At a guess I would say they probably started making uniforms in 1942 just before the maker codes came in and they actually could be a very common maker but we may well never know.

Cheers Luke.

P.S You should post these pics on the other forum and show the so called expert LOL
    Hello Luke,
    I've never claimed to be an expert but do try to help other collectors as much as possible.
    Brakes Pty Ltd is not a company listed as a clothing manufacturer within Australia anywhere, and yes I have searched National Archives in one of my many visits there as I do live in Canberra due to work.
    Helping people can certainly bring on alot of criticism but I will still try to do so as much as possible despite this.

Regards,

Mark
    (a so called expert)

Quote by Mark G View Post
    Gee Jerry,
    Tell us how you really feel. I actually tried to be helpful because as stated 'on the other forum' this one did not conform to other Australian made items. I never implied that you didn't know what you are talking about but certainly did try to help with this one.
    Last time I try to do anything helpful for you.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Perhaps I took your comments on the other forum

Jerry,

That is definitely not an Australian made BD blouse.
    I can't tell you what country it is from but one thing that I do know is the BD does not conform to Australian made BD's at all and the label is not for an Australian manufacturer.
    Buttons, facing material, wool are all inconsistent with Australian made WW2 uniforms.

Mark

and by pm the wrong way, but you were very adamant that it was not Aussie made and though not stated you did to me seem to be implying that I was wrong and could not know as much as you about such items. The latter I do not argue with, but for this item I was certain that it was Aussie made and you appeared to be unmoving in your opinion. If I have offended you, then for that I am sorry as I have always respected your knowledge in the areas in which I am used to seeing you comment.

Obviously this had left me feeling somewhat put out and if I have been too sharp in my comments, again for that I am sorry. I notice you do not claim to be an expert Mark, but to many you are and your opinions and comments carry a lot of weight and can be the death knell to items. Ok in this case its originality was not in dispute, just the country of manufacture.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Jerry,
    What we write can often be interpreted completely differently.
    I have tried to help many collectors over the years and when I'm criticised for this I really start to get turned off helping anyone. I'm not a 'know it all' but do have plenty of experience with both Australian and Afrikakorps items so try to impart some knowledge so that other collectors don't get ripped off the way that I was by so called friends when I first started collecting in my teens. I never intend on belittling anyone or to be condascending in any way. That just isn't me. As I've already said, typing what we are thinking often comes out differently to the way we intend it to be.
    Enough said and thank you for the apology which I graciously accept.

Regards,

Mark

AIF
    ?

Hi Mark,

I didn't realise the so called 'expert' was you, I haven't even seen the other forum post... Maybe i should have checked before I blabbed.
    I am sorry if I had offended you in anyway mate and had I known it was you I wouldn't have been so harsh Don't take what I said personally either I have dealt with a few self professed expert idiots of late and it was directed at those sorts of people in general.

I know you help a lot of guys out on WAF I and from what I have seen you are a fairly knowlegeable bloke when it comes to Aussie stuff so I hope there are no hard feelings mate.

Cheers Luke.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7