Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Aussie BD?

Article about: by Thanatos Gday fella's Stumbled across this today Australian made BD Blouse. Attachment 325146Attachment 325147Attachment 325148 "A very nice 1942 dated Australian made Battle Dress b

Default Re: Aussie BD?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday fella's
    Stumbled across this today
    Australian made BD Blouse.
    Attachment 325146Attachment 325147Attachment 325148

"A very nice 1942 dated Australian made Battle Dress blouse, this was issued to a British serviceman fighting in the Far East, we had several items of his kit much of which was Australian, Canadian and Indian made and only a small amount British so a real mish mash of clothing and kit as was common in the Far East."
    Best copies of the images I could get,sorry if their on the small side but I thought this may- be useful.
    Cheers Folks
    Thanks Dave for finding those extra pics, though sadly they are very small. Can you post a link to where you found them?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

There you go Jerry
    http://www.worldwarwonders.co.uk/WW2...lian-BD-Blouse
    It;s the top link on their homepage.

I thought I would throw in some pictures of my Australian BD, as used by a British Royal Army Service Corps soldier:

Aussie BD?
    Aussie BD?
    Aussie BD?
    Aussie BD?

It doesn't have any of it's labels, but is definitely Aussie, as I have owned a few of these BDs, and they're all identically made.

Rob

From the same site as Dave posted earlier. Sorry, but I could not copy the images, if any one else can work out how to do and save them to the forum would be really great.

I looked at a few BDs on here, one NZ and the others Australian, and the interiors of those made in Australia -they all have the more typical made in Aus labels- matches my example, whilst the NZ made example does not.

Aussie BD
    WW2 British Army Officers Battle Dress Blouse & Trousers | Clothing and Accessories | World War Wonders

WW2 British Army Officers Battle Dress Blouse & Trousers | Clothing and Accessories | World War Wonders

NZ BD
    WW2 New Zealand Made Battledress Blouse Badged To Home Guard ? | Clothing and Accessories | World War Wonders
    WW2 New Zealand Made Battledress Blouse Badged To Home Guard ? | Clothing and Accessories | World War Wonders
    Regards,

Jerry

I have a New Zealand Battledress badged to a British officer, if you want me to photograph markings for reference.

NZ BDs, like Canadian ones, have ink-stamped markings, usually featuring a big N /|\ Z in an oval

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    I have a New Zealand Battledress badged to a British officer, if you want me to photograph markings for reference.

NZ BDs, like Canadian ones, have ink-stamped markings, usually featuring a big N /|\ Z in an oval

Rob
    Hi Rob, if you can post pics of your NZ BD that would be appreciated - it might be good to have a pinned BD thread for ref purposes. I have seen the NZ stamp and I don't think that is what is on mine. I am convinced that mine is Australian made, features of the lining positioning and the unlined collar and the buttons are enough for me when compared to those made by other nations, though I have not looked at any Rhodesian BDs yet!

I noticed the shoulder board buttons are a different version to mine, large and rubber but of a slightly different form.
    Regards,

Jerry

Here's mine:

This is for sale at this time on ebay, not mine but interesting to see it, IMO.

WW2 AUSTRALIAN BATTLEDRESS BLOUSE 1941 ARMY BD 1937 PATTERN | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Last edited by Jerry B; 06-17-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Another Aussie made BD, 1941 dated and with two labels, similar to mine. It's for sale at this time, but sadly beyond my budget.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Another Aussie made BD for sale, this one with a partly removed large paper? label below the more usual cloth example.
    Attached Images Attached Images Aussie BD?  Aussie BD?  Aussie BD?  Aussie BD? 
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast