Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Aussie Shirt & Trousers Vietnam

Article about: G'day all, Here's my Aussie VN set, still need to find the boots and bush hat.

'Greens' were the standard issue uniform for field use for the whole of Australia in the 1960s-80s-cotton drill and hard wearing-were also worn as a ceremonial uniform starched and pressed with the polished black web belt and KFF hat or beret.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    'Greens' were the standard issue uniform for field use for the whole of Australia in the 1960s-80s-cotton drill and hard wearing-were also worn as a ceremonial uniform starched and pressed with the polished black web belt and KFF hat or beret.
    Thanks for answering this one Mate

Thanks-I was up late...do you have any examples of the greens work dress-old greens, often missing buttons but still wearable-were marked with a large blue ink 'WD' stamp to allow you to escape the ire of the Sgt Maj for wearing ratty stuff.

No I don't have an example unless a WW2 work type

Would have to be rare as it's the end of the line for a uniform before just being cut up for rags.

Very nice stuff Rene. A really good start. Next you will have to find a set of Pixie gear... (I know its a never ending saga.. )

If you don't mind me hijacking your thread for a second, here is my Aussie Vietnam set up, circa 1969.

Aussie Shirt & Trousers Vietnam
    Sorry about the crappy phone pic.

here is my set of drill trousers new with Tag still attached 1963. pristine condition ,still have factory centre crease !

Aussie Shirt & Trousers VietnamAussie Shirt & Trousers VietnamAussie Shirt & Trousers VietnamAussie Shirt & Trousers Vietnam

All Good Mate I've got most of the kit I use it on my US lot, still sort the bush hat and a bayo! The center pair of SLR pouches where used in VN as I got them from a veteran who was a Lt at the time.

You just need the Australian army Camo Rain coat/smock

I believe they were the first camo Raincoat supplied to australian troops

Aussie Shirt & Trousers VietnamAussie Shirt & Trousers Vietnam

Very nice, I remember these in the disposals stores, I've only a well worn water bladder in this camo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast