Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Australian Boots

Article about: I thought I would share pictures of the seven pairs of boots in my little Australian boot collection. I 'got into' these boots about 20 years ago when I attended the huge Bendigo auto swap m

Here's a WW2 USMC type that is similar for the rubber mfg reduction
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-20-2018 at 11:05 PM.

AIF
    ?

Another nice pair Rene! They are worth a few bob these days now

Interestingly I once saw a pair of Aussie made boots that were rough outs, identical to the issued boots shown here in the previous posts... Not sure if they were made for the civilian market (although they were 1942 dated) Or possibly made for US troops here but made in the Australian pattern... Kinda wish I had of bought them now as they were really cheap!

Great thread! I know of a pair of WW2 boots for sale here in W.A., I haven't got a pair for my collection yet so I might do something about grabbing them. I haven't seen many of these boots for sale, at least not WW2 boots.

Get what you can get Mate, I did that

AIF
    ?

There used to be 100's of unissued pairs around when I started collecting, they were everywhere and really cheap but I have noticed in the past 5 - 10 years they have really started to dry up... Probably a bit harder to find over West than they are on the East coast.

Quote by AIF View Post
    There used to be 100's of unissued pairs around when I started collecting, they were everywhere and really cheap but I have noticed in the past 5 - 10 years they have really started to dry up... Probably a bit harder to find over West than they are on the East coast.
    That is probably right, a much larger population over your way so probably more boots around. I think I will grab a pair while I can though, I would like to have one pair as an example.

?

I suspect a lot of ours may have gone overseas via ebay, especially to the UK where they are quite sought after.

Oz.

British war time dated boots are almost impossible to find and very expensive if you can find them.

Great to see all these variations in the Aussie boots.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    I suspect a lot of ours may have gone overseas via ebay, especially to the UK where they are quite sought after.

Oz.
    Strewth, I'd better be quick then!

Quote by Ubique View Post

Oz.
    Bloody poms spoil everything!....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast