MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Australian Boots

Article about: I thought I would share pictures of the seven pairs of boots in my little Australian boot collection. I 'got into' these boots about 20 years ago when I attended the huge Bendigo auto swap m

?

I recently picked up this pair from a very nice shop in Ballarat. They are marked D/I\D QLD CO OP 1953. Now I have pairs for each of the decades 1940 through to 1970. Possibly made to support the National Service scheme of the 1950's although the pair my Dad had then were WWII second hand.

Australian Boots

Oz.

?

Well, there are still bargains to be found out there. Dropped into the Yarra Glen auto swap today and chanced across this pair for $20. They were quite grubby but have cleaned up well and I have added some colourless leather preserver which brought them up nicely. They are 1943 boots by Weaver 421. There is also an inspectors stamp on the sole, T under a broad arrow. I am not sure which state these come from.

Australian Boots

Australian Boots

Oz.

Great find!

?

Guys, can anyone help finding a pair of metal nose plates for these boots ? Mine are missing...

?

Are there any 'old' shoe repair shops near you? Many years ago every cobbler had them.

Oz.

NCA
    ?

Quote by wlotek View Post
    Guys, can anyone help finding a pair of metal nose plates for these boots ? Mine are missing...

Ebay number 401302242971

?

Ubique, thanks for the advice, but I am from Poland, I visited many cobblers I can find only nose plates for Polish and German boots. I will post photos of my pair of boots, which where bought on the local market. NCA thanks for auction, but they look like nose caps for British ammo boots.

?

Australian Boots

Australian Boots

Since Reneblacky gave me a heads-up about the composite soled Armoured/Drivers boots two years ago, I have been on the lookout for this uncommon variety. Well I finally spotted a pair at the Altona Military Fair. They have been given my usual clean up; a wipe down with a metho soaked cloth followed by an application of hide food. They were made in Victoria by the company coded as V860 in 1945 and also bear the inspectors stamp which you can just make out to the right of the photo. I sometimes wondered why so many Aussie items had the 1945 date until I was reading an article in Wartime magazine about how Australia fully expected to be fighting the Japanese alongside American forces until well into 1947, hence the Q stores were kept well stocked.

Oz.

?

I was recently able to visit the Special Forces exhibition at the Australian War Memorial.
    I was surprised to spot this pair of boots on display. Apparently this pair were used by an officer on Commando-type missions. One could draw the misleading conclusion that this type were all used by Special Forces. BTW, the exhibition is well worth a visit if you are ever over that way.

Oz.

Australian Boots

Australian Boots

?

And in the WWI gallery I spotted the boot used by 'Pompey' Elliott when he was wounded on Gallipoli.

Oz.

Australian Boots

Australian Boots

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast