Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian Ordnance Officer Tunic

Article about: Very Nice looking tunic. I like the TR items in the back ground. It add's a nice touch to the photo. Semper Fi Phil

Default Australian Ordnance Officer Tunic

Gday all,
    A new addition to my small uniform collection
    An unmarked Australian AIF Ordnance 2rd Lt Officers Tunic.
    A few moth nips (seems to be a common thing with Australian WW2 period woolen garments) but not to bad overall.

Australian Ordnance Officer TunicAustralian Ordnance Officer TunicAustralian Ordnance Officer TunicAustralian Ordnance Officer TunicAustralian Ordnance Officer Tunic
    I hope you enjoy.
    Cheers and all the best
    Dave

Default Re: Australian Ordnance Officer Tunic

Very nice Dave, great to see the colour patch, they're hard to find on a tunic. I reckon they're great looking tunics mate!

Gday Dave,
    Hows things mate well I hope.
    Yep I am pretty happy with it for sure.The period colour patchs are certainly a bonus.It was complete less the Suns but I have a few sets so no problem.Cost me a big 60 bucks.
    Have a good one
    Dave R

Very cool addition Dave, not something you see over here, very nice.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday Dave,
    Hows things mate well I hope.
    Yep I am pretty happy with it for sure.The period colour patchs are certainly a bonus.It was complete less the Suns but I have a few sets so no problem.Cost me a big 60 bucks.
    Have a good one
    Dave R
    That's a great price mate! Our Aussie gear is priced well I reckon, I picked up a nice Aussie 1940 dated side cap from Jason (Volksjager) yesterday in unissued condition, it's literally brand new! I've now got a couple of Aussie uniforms, I think they're really good value for money.

4md
    ?

very nice tunic in great condition Dave, great pick up

Thanks gent's
    Your kind comments are appreciated as always.
    Have a good one
    All the best
    Dave

AIF
    ?

Nice tunic but there was no 2nd LT rank in the AIF. Id say it was stripped and someone has put the pips on, It would more likely be a majors tunic you should swap the pips for a set of crowns.

Gday AIF,
    Was not aware of that,very interesting.So I assume only the WW2 Militia carried the rank of 2nd Lt. as such.
    I have always taken it for granted that this rank was the lowest Commisioned rank for both WW2 AIF and Militia.
    Cheers for the info mate.
    Dave

AIF
    ?

G'day Dave, No worries mate. As far as I'm aware there was no 2nd LT rank in the militia either, They may have had it very early in the war but I'm not sure when the army did away with it, I'm not entirely sure when Its was reintroduced as a rank but It was probably some time in the late 1950's early 1960's.

Luke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast