Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Australian tunic - Black RAAF?

Article about: Hello all, I am trying to identify this style of tunic and what it was worn for. Australian or British make - No other tag can be seen - Quite old. I would say pre 1970 (Not sure what is goi

Default Australian tunic - Black RAAF?

Hello all,
    I am trying to identify this style of tunic and what it was worn for.
    Australian or British make - No other tag can be seen - Quite old. I would say pre 1970 (Not sure what is going on with the highlighter name, doesn't seem to belong)
    It is black. I was sure it was blue at first and perhaps RAAF but it is black. It is in the style of RAAF tunics I have seen.
    Any help is much appreciated sorry the pics are not crash hot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian tunic - Black RAAF?   Australian tunic - Black RAAF?  

Australian tunic - Black RAAF?   Australian tunic - Black RAAF?  

Australian tunic - Black RAAF?   Australian tunic - Black RAAF?  

?

Wild guess: Corps of Commissionaires?

Oz.

cuffs are very similar to a David Jones made private purchase tropical RAAF i have

Quote by wizardman View Post
    cuffs are very similar to a David Jones made private purchase tropical RAAF i have
    I think this is also a private purchase. Shame that no other label can be found. Cheers

?

I didn't think MTX could be private purchase. I stand to be corrected of course. Private purchase usually have tags advertising their company, not a government format label.

Matthew.

I think you might be right Ubique..ill check some of mine when i get home, but that wont be for a few weeks sorry

Quote by wizardman View Post
    I think you might be right Ubique..ill check some of mine when i get home, but that wont be for a few weeks sorry
    I have just checked four private purchase tunics I own - No sign of Gov. format label on any of them. Cheers