Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Australian WW1 & WW2 uniform displays

Article about: And postwar as well, all on display in the Army Ordnance Museum situated at Bandiana near Wodonga, here in Victoria. Bob

Dug out a few more pix...

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian WW1 & WW2 uniform displays   Australian WW1 & WW2 uniform displays  

Australian WW1 & WW2 uniform displays   Australian WW1 & WW2 uniform displays  

Finished...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian WW1 & WW2 uniform displays   Australian WW1 & WW2 uniform displays  

Great shots Bob from another view cheers great museum. Here's shots of my Wife and I's visit. I really loved the Staghound there
    Bandiana Army Museum Wodonga Victoria

Nice photos. Seeing the Aboriginal radio operator made me wonder. Did the Australian military utilize Aboriginals as code talkers in the same way the US utilized Native Americans?

Matt

Aboriginals as code talkers - absolutely not.

Matt the native American code talkers were only a US service concept. No indigenous Australians were used in this capacity during WW2 or later conflicts.
    Worth noting is Australia had no real racial boundries with regard to indigenous Australians serving in Army combat roles during WW2. The first Australian Aboriginal Infantry Officer was commissioned during this conflict (Lt Reg Saunders).

Cheers
    Dave

?

Great photos Bob, I know how tricky it is to get good shots in a dim museum with items behind glass. I must get back up to Bandy' again too.

Cheers,
    Oz

Yeah I must get back there too, it has been a fair while since I took those shots, so I guess it has changed around a fair bit since then...

Cheers,

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2