Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Battle Dress blouse badged to a RCAMC Corporal, 1st Canadian Division

Article about: Hello everybody! I have already posted this outfit on another international forum. This 1944 made Canadian BD blouse badged to a RAMC Corporal in my collection sports 1st Division melton fla

Default Battle Dress blouse badged to a RCAMC Corporal, 1st Canadian Division

Hello everybody! I have already posted this outfit on another international forum. This 1944 made Canadian BD blouse badged to a RAMC Corporal in my collection sports 1st Division melton flashes, RCAMC titles (of the correct WWII Royal Canadian / Army Medical Corps spelling) and a gold/red/blue lanyard, apart from corporal chevrons. Now I have found on www.canadiansoldiers.com that RCAMC was supposed to wear Dull Cherry lanyards, whereas only officers o the 2nd Field Ambulance would and could sport a gold, red and blue one. This is a bit of a problem, because 2nd Field Ambulance did NOT serve under the 1st Division, during the war, and is not very likely that a simple Corporal would have wanted to incur the wrath of his superiors wearing an embellishment he was not entitled to. I tend not to deem is as a put together outfit, because all flashes and titles are period and correct, and it would not make sense to put together a BD blouse with the WRONG lanyard, though... I have been told it could be a homecoming garment, embellished by the owner possibly with a Royal 22é Regiment lanyard... What's your opinion? Thank you in advance for your knowledge, gents!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle Dress blouse badged to a RCAMC Corporal, 1st Canadian Division   Battle Dress blouse badged to a RCAMC Corporal, 1st Canadian Division  

Battle Dress blouse badged to a RCAMC Corporal, 1st Canadian Division   Battle Dress blouse badged to a RCAMC Corporal, 1st Canadian Division  

Battle Dress blouse badged to a RCAMC Corporal, 1st Canadian Division   Battle Dress blouse badged to a RCAMC Corporal, 1st Canadian Division  

Battle Dress blouse badged to a RCAMC Corporal, 1st Canadian Division  

Lanyards are largely a mystery to me so I cannot comment on it, but the Bd looks good.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.