Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best uniform finds of 2013!

Article about: Not a lot from my end in the western allies side of things, my top 3 are the US summer officers cap, Aust VN uniform and a CADPAT boonie

Default Best uniform finds of 2013!

Hey all!

Just post your best uniform find(s) of the year! I'll start with mine.

This is a USMC P41 jacket named to G.L.House Jr. I did more research and found that his full name is Gordon Lester House Jr, and he enlisted in the Navy in 1943. He completed training in 1944 and left for Pavuvu Isl. as a PhMC3. He then disembarked for Peleliu with Hq/1/7. In the brutal conflict, he recieved a Bronze Star and Purple Heart. He came back to action in 1945 just in time for Okinawa. He was promoted to PhMc2 and reassigned to C/1/7 Joint Assault Signal Company. Again, House was injured and recieved another Bronze Star and Purple Heart. He lived on until his death in 2008.

Cool jacket and great research!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Cool jacket and great research!...
    Thank you very much!

?

I picked up a few really good additions this last year, but if picking only one it is this circa 1911 manufactured blue patrol jacket to a Captain in the 1/4th Hampshire regiment, (territorial force). It has its owners name and his history is quite well researched. He was a MC winner and was mentioned in dispatches. The condition is superb for an item over 100 years old.

4th Hampshire Battalion named MC winning officers patrol jacket
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Best uniform finds of 2013!  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Absolutely amazing Jerry - thanks for the link - I somehow missed this!

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I picked up a few really good additions this last year, but if picking only one it is this circa 1911 manufactured blue patrol jacket to a Captain in the 1/4th Hampshire regiment, (territorial force). It has its owners name and his history is quite well researched. He was a MC winner and was mentioned in dispatches. The condition is superb for an item over 100 years old.

4th Hampshire Battalion named MC winning officers patrol jacket
    This is a stunning piece Jerry! Awesome research too.

I had two on the same weekend.

First was a nice Armored officers jacket. Not bad, but it came with two footlockers containing his tanker coveralls, 10+ garrison covers, leggings, and more. Turns out he was a company commander directly under Creighton Abrams in Normandy, was wounded twice, and was awarded a Silver Star.

Second one from that weekend is a near mint M42 jump jacket. Never apparently issued and still has inspector's quality control slip of paper in the pocket!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Best uniform finds of 2013!   Best uniform finds of 2013!  

Quote by Red Devil View Post
    I had two on the same weekend.

First was a nice Armored officers jacket. Not bad, but it came with two footlockers containing his tanker coveralls, 10+ garrison covers, leggings, and more. Turns out he was a company commander directly under Creighton Abrams in Normandy, was wounded twice, and was awarded a Silver Star.

Second one from that weekend is a near mint M42 jump jacket. Never apparently issued and still has inspector's quality control slip of paper in the pocket!
    Great stuff! Especially that armored jacket

Quote by Vonschrader View Post
    Great stuff! Especially that armored jacket
    Thank you! And fantastic JASCO item yourself!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast