Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

British BD Blouse 1940 Pattern

Article about: Morning all, I show you this my "British BD Blouse 1940 Pattern" that I have found in recent days, I think it's the simplified version called "Austerity Pattern", but I n

Default British BD Blouse 1940 Pattern

Morning all,
    I show you this my "British BD Blouse 1940 Pattern" that I have found in recent days, I think it's the simplified version called "Austerity Pattern", but I not sure, my documentation of the topic is not very profound and so I ask your opinions.
    I thank you in advance for your comments.

Greetings
    Roberto

British BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 PatternBritish BD Blouse 1940 Pattern

Nice 1943 dated and WD date stamped & issued post autumn 1942 austerity version of the 1940 pattern.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks a lot, Jerry

Roberto

Jerry has said it all.

A nice clean BD blouse.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

On a very few occasions I have seen these later model austerity version 40 pattern BD's with a 42 pattern label in them, though it seems that most makers continued to label them as 40 pattern.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I do not know if it was a recurrent practice, but I noticed that inside there are traces of sewing thread and civil lining cloth, this make me think that to some time the DB owner did sew a homemade inside lining, perhaps to protect themselves from cold
    Anyway part of history of this BD and its owner!