Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Jerkins Cammo

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Tom, it was at the big show called "Militaria" held each January at Stoneleigh in Warwickshire, at the old Royal Showground (coming up again in 2 weeks actua

Default British Jerkins Camo

Here' a pair.
    Note the wool differences from early war to late war
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-19-2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: added text

Default Re: British Jerkins Cammo

Very interesting, I have never seen a camo jerkin before. Do you know if this was period done?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    Very interesting, I have never seen a camo jerkin before. Do you know if this was period done?
    Absolutely factory done see the parts there? also the 44 one was made from leather offcuts due to shortages and costs

Nice examples! They are period done. I was once present when a whole sealed bale of these was opened.

Funny thing was, last night we were watching an old re-run of the 1970's TV cop series "The Sweeny": one of the crooks in it was wearing a mint one of these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very cool and always good to learn something new.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Nice examples! They are period done. I was once present when a whole sealed bale of these was opened.

Funny thing was, last night we were watching an old re-run of the 1970's TV cop series "The Sweeny": one of the crooks in it was wearing a mint one of these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ahh Jeeze Ade how was the smell?

Wonderful Some wag remarked at the time we were breathing in WW2 air

The jerkins were sold at £35 each then and they sold really quick.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Bond View Post
    Very cool and always good to learn something new.
    I've lots of bits and pieces hey
    A lot have fallen into the sea of threads

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    brilliant series that ade when did it get opened? must have been a while back or prices would have been a lot higher.
    rene both of your examples are fantastic thanks for sharing i think i prefer the camo one a bit more though looks cooler

Hi Tom, it was at the big show called "Militaria" held each January at Stoneleigh in Warwickshire, at the old Royal Showground (coming up again in 2 weeks actually). It must have been at least 8 years ago now, may a little more? I have not been for 5 years now. Prices have indeed shot up on these. I stopped going to the show as the last two or three I attended I bought nothing. A sea of junk and hyper inflated prices killed it for me. Plus £10 to get in......

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast