Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British Officer´s Battledress or not?

Article about: Thanks Adrian, I will do that.

Thanks Adrian, I will do that.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very interesting, thank you, I have certainly learned something.

To my eyes it looks to have been converted from an issue version, but when that was done or when the version was issued is another matter. It clearly has had the collar tailored and/or altered.

I have one with an open collar conversion, but it started life as an issue 40 pattern austerity, though my example is not as well done as the thread starter. Interesting to see the collar reinforcement stitching and also the shoulder pads, the latter are often seen on Polish used BD's I think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officer´s Battledress or not?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Looks like it although it is hard to tell without any kind of marking or insignia, which is a little odd

Quote by JJMalone View Post
    Looks like it although it is hard to tell without any kind of marking or insignia, which is a little odd
    I have seen a couple of converted BD´s or private purchase BD´s, too. In privately purchased I have never seen markers indeed. May be converted ones can have them but they also could be retrieved. Why I have put this BD on this portal is only that think that I want to see your opinions as many as I can. It is very important for me. In hand to hand with this DB I have also bought trousers. I will save a couple of pictures to here soon. My personal opinion is that the concerned and discussed BD is war time converted one version with retrieved labels or changed lining.

Thank you for all of you.

?

Good day, I am looking for this type of jackets in bulk. I am based in South Africa. Please refer me to the relevant seller. I can be reached on [email protected]

?

ood day,

Please send me a quotation on Reproduction WWII British Army P40 Battle Dress Uniform Wool Jacket for 20 Large , 20 XLarge and 10 XXLarge, include courier to South Africa and the arrival estimation dates.

Please mark it as urgent, there is a growing demand for my business. I will appreciate your quick respond.

I can be contacted on the following numbers if its fine with you: +27 72 446 1400 or +27 79 973 0811.

Regards,

George Sedumedi

George,
    Firstly i wouldn't put your email address and phone numbers on a public forum. This is not a good idea.
    Secondly, this is not a wholesale website.
    You could try googling "repro ww2 battledress" and lots of websites who sell reproduction ww2 battledress will appear, as if by magic.

happy huntiing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2