Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British OR's collarless shirt and collar

Article about: Never seen one with a factory-made rear stud hole either. I have an original shirt with a home-made rear stud hole. These were collar-less shirts (i.e. designed to be worn without collar) un

Default Re: British OR's collarless shirt and collar

Never seen one with a factory-made rear stud hole either. I have an original shirt with a home-made rear stud hole.
    These were collar-less shirts (i.e. designed to be worn without collar) until the introduction of the collars. Maybe some shirts were made with provision for a collar in 44/45 but it would have been very brief as they were soon made collar attached anyway.

The hole for the stud in the shirt is home made and the button hole in the collar is machine made, as you suggest and as can be seen in the detail picture I posted.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice shirt. I have always wanted one of these but never seen one for a reasonable price. I suppose a lot of them were used up by civillians after the war.

Yes, they do seem to be very expensive on dealers sites, anywhere from £150-350 depending on condition and markings etc and how expensive the dealer is, though this was fairly sensibly priced from a local antiques center.

I might sell it as it I don't display my tunics in such a manner that makes it visible.
    Regards,

Jerry

Here is my example (finally) as promised.

I used to wear this extensively many years ago for re-enactment! The wool is really quite soft.

Nicely maker marked and dated in the collar, "G & PN Ltd 1943".

Note the various buttons used, both alloy and brass.

Cut long to cover your backside!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British OR's collarless shirt and collar   British OR's collarless shirt and collar  

British OR's collarless shirt and collar   British OR's collarless shirt and collar  

British OR's collarless shirt and collar  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice example Ade and dated ones are hard to get these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2